I was looking into buying a fender aerodyne strat and mod it to look like tom morello's soul power guitar. What are the needs to nearly replica his guitar exact?
Hotrails in the bridge. Killswitch on the lower horn. Ibanez Edge trem.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Morello uses a Special Run strat. Why not just get that?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
Morello uses a Special Run strat. Why not just get that?

Maybe he prefers the feel of the Aerodyne more?
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Quote by RedHotFan182
where can i get a killswitch?

They're very rare, so maybe you'll have to shell out some serious big bucks on eBay. That is, if you can find any sellers who are willing to part with them...
Quote by Pikka Bird
They're very rare, so maybe you'll have to shell out some serious big bucks on eBay. That is, if you can find any sellers who are willing to part with them...

WHAT?

You can make a killswitch with a plain switch or do it the way morello does it a lot and turn all the pickup volumes to zero (except the pick up he is using) and flip the pickup switch.
I don't like the pickup selector way. Some people get their tone with a combination of two pickups, and that method goes out the window if you have to turn one pickup down. Mind you, it's nice to experiment with.

You can get a regular SPST, DPST (or is it SPDT, I forget), or a DPDT and wire it like this.
If it only has one row of switches, ignore the blue side, if it only has two lugs, ignore the empty lug on the yellow side.

EDIT:

I forgot to post the diagram :S
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Here is everything.

Body: Fender Stratocaster
Head: Black Based Fender Stratocaster
Neck: Rosewood 22 Fret
Strings: Boomer Strings
Whammy: Ibanez Edge Floyd Rose Tremolo
Tuners: Gotoh Crownhead tuners
Pickguard: Mirror
Other: 3-way on/off toggle switch wired as a kill switch, Fender Noiseless pickups in the middle and neck positions, Seymour Duncan Hotrails pickup in the bridge
Paint: Black finish Body Base with white binding, 'Soul Power' in silverishwhite painted across the guitar body
Peace out