on a standard geocities account without a special ip tracer, is it possible to view who visits your website?

My mind is going. I can feel it.
uhhh... idon't think so, I use the free geocities and havent been able to, but maybe i didn't look hard enough, so its possible but i doubt it
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
Quote by guitar.god.420
no advertising, *reported*

What was he advertising?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by guitar.god.420
no advertising, *reported*

I don't think you can trace IP's without an IP tracker of some sort. I know you can on forums just by posting and stuff, though, if you're a moderator/admin.
Without an IP Address?
How do you imagine that would work... it just spits out the person's name?

I guess the only way I can think of is to put the link in your aim profile... but add:
?sn=%n
at the end of it. The %n will change to be the screenname of whoever is looking at your profile.

Then, when they click on it, it'll send their screenname inside the the 'sn' variable to the website.

All you have to do is get some code that will grab that 'sn' variable and dump it to a text file. The simplest way would be with some PHP code, but I doubt geocities allows that. So, you'd have to make a php script that does it, and then redirects the person to your geocities page. That works, and it's not too hard....but IP is easier.

-Greatness
Quote by patch adams
wow your a tard

I did not report, I am not a tard everyone else is, everytime i make a acct if somebody gets mad at me i am banned, I am sick of it. so its my turn, just kidding, smoke weed!
thanks alot for the help guys.

^ and i meant trying to find a persons ip when they visit without a special tracking program, but you pretty much answered it so thanks

Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR
on a standard geocities account without a special ip tracer, is it possible to view who visits your website?

No, you can though if you were running through your own apache server,
you can with php but i know geocities doesnt support php. it can be real easy to view with php. and with that you can send all the ip address to a mysql database and view them with phpmyadmin.
oh ok thanks, and btw whats up with guy in your sig not knowing the right lyrics to the kit kat song?