I was just wondering if anyone here has woken up during a surgery. I woke up when I was getting my 7 wisdom teeth cut out...yeah that sucked. Opening your eyes and seeing a doctor and three nurses panicking and hearing the grind of the drill...it was pretty crappy. Anyone else have a story to tell?
Knowledge is a deadly friend if no one sets the rules; the fate of all mankind, I see, is in the hands of fools.

"Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny." - FZ

Member of the Frank Zappa fan club. PM deadhead313313 to join!
nope.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Sounds like that tool song... Lost keys err whatever...
Quote by WantToLearn
what is poon?
Quote by I-Watch-Anime
rofl nice post.

i know arnt i amazing
I remember waking up after getting ear surgery, all I remember was my mom talking to the doctor(I was about 3-4), but she said that I had vomited all over the place after the surgery.
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
I had to have 2 teeth pulled to fix my overbite. It was gross, they just gave me about 4 shots in my gums, took a set a pliers and jerked them out. There was a cracking noise and I carried wads of cotton in my mouth the rest of the day....like a chubby-faced vampire i was
Last edited by Siftings at Jan 31, 2007,
Quote by Dimebag22
i know arnt i amazing

of course you're amazing!

+10 points for Dimebag22!
When all else fails, ask the pit.
I have a bad shoulder and about the 5th time I dislocated it, i went to the hospital to get it put back in and they said they will give me medication that will keep we awake during but I will not remember it. They started and the pain was unbearable. I kept waiting to forget it, and I still remember every second of it, lying doctors!
7 wisdom teeth?
I am Puddin' Taine! of the Primus Sucks club. PM StratEnRegalia to join!

Member #1 of the Ipods Suck Balls Club

Member #2 Of the Parker>All Other Brands Club, PM dementedpuppy to Join.
Quote by Siftings
I had to have 2 teeth pulled, to make room to correct my overbite. stfu. It was gross, they just gave me about 4 shots in my gums, took a set a pliers and jerked them out. There was a cracking noise and I carried wads of cotton in my mouth the rest of the day. stfu.

No one was laughing or condescending you, so stop telling us to shut the **** up.
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
Quote by I-Watch-Anime
of course you're amazing!

+10 points for Dimebag22!

your in my sig now!
Quote by $Guitarist$
No one was laughing or condescending you, so stop telling us to shut the **** up.

I realized that, it was a half-baked attempt at humor. it doesn't work I know
Yea, when I had my appendix out i woke up but i was so messed up because of morphine and codeine I had no idea what was going on. The doctor said i was talking about cheeseburgers or something. I just remember seeing a big blurry light and then i woke up 2 hours later.........
my dad was (purposely) awake during surgery, but kinda loopy from anestesia, and could only remark about how he missed some tv show and that the nurse was really hot
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
Yeah, 7 wisdom teeth. They were all over the place too...I guess I'm just special.
Knowledge is a deadly friend if no one sets the rules; the fate of all mankind, I see, is in the hands of fools.

"Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny." - FZ

Member of the Frank Zappa fan club. PM deadhead313313 to join!
Quote by clearnoise
Yeah, 7 wisdom teeth. They were all over the place too...I guess I'm just special.

i didnt think that was possible
Quote by clearnoise

That is most unfortunate.
I am Puddin' Taine! of the Primus Sucks club. PM StratEnRegalia to join!

Member #1 of the Ipods Suck Balls Club

Member #2 Of the Parker>All Other Brands Club, PM dementedpuppy to Join.
dude, I only, and have ever, had one wisdom tooth.
The Only member of the "I hate people with huge sigs club." Don't PM me to join.
Quote by x/taluha
dude my worst frear is waking up during surgery

really? mines waking up in a coffin
I thought I did, but it was probably a dream. I had eye surgery (the kind where they cut the muscles and shit, not that lasic shi.t) and felt my head sit up then had it pushed back down. Then when I actually came to, they said I ripped out my IV and they asked if I wanted it back and I said no. I was 14 and on anaestesia. wtf did they think I'd say? So I was in horrible pain for the rest of the day. Then I was awake the next day while the doctor fine tuned my eye angle while actually pulling on the muscle. That hurt a lot. You have no idea what it's like to have tweezers in your eye with a guy telling you to look left while he yanks. It hurts. But no more lazy eye, and only minimal permanent bloodshotness.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
aww one time like when i was nine i was supposed to get my tonsils out but my friend told me they didnt actually drug you, they left you awake and then erased your memory after. and like a dumbass nine year old i believed him. i refused to go in for the surgery and my mom had to promise that my friend was lying lol.
Quote by El Slasho
I heard about a woman that was getting brain surgery done to her, and she woke up, couldn't feel anything, but she was paralyzed basically and couldn't get any signal that she was aware what was happening. The nurse didn't turn the gas on that keeps her asleep I think. Now she has nightmares every night or something.

alot of brain surgeries are done while the patient is awake to make sure they are doing the corrective surgery correctly
I was semi conscious during knee surgery (supposed to be asleep), and just continuously spouted a steady stream of dirty jokes, probably my entire internal library. The surgeon told me he had almost had to stop the surgery on account of everyone laughing so hard.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
i was having a cyst on my tongue removed when i was about 5, and they didn't give me the right dosage of novacaine, and all i remember is that it hurt like hell.