Now I know when you read that you must have thought I was some sort of idiot or at least some variety of n00b, but I'm not talking about the 4 string pluck-with-your-fingers electric bass. I am talking about something like the Jaguar Bass VI Custom Fender guitar.

Shown here.

What's the point? What's the tuning? Who uses it?
I know Petrucci used one on the song "These Walls", but who else?
Does anyone have one?
They're called Bass VI but in reality they're baritone scale

They're tuned BEADGB, so like a six string bass an octave up

Baritone scale is normally approximately equivalent to added two extra frets on to the end.
oh, so it's a baritone, but longer?
Aren't the strings thicker?

by the way a six string bass is tuned BEADGC, and a baritone guitar is tuned BEADF#B
but thank you for your input
Quote by Nick_
<_<

stupid people who know what they're talking about

Ya i didnt know that either about the F#, youre not the only one Nick.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
its a guitar tuned a perfect fifth down, tune it down another perfect fifth it would be like a bass. so its kinda inbetween a guitar and bass
^^I think you're right. I know Jack Bruce used one as a bass, so I say it's a bass.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
I own an original (looks different) Bass VI and it is indeed tuned E-E or in my case F-F
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Well, in theory, couldnt you just tune it any way you want to?
Member 15 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS club. PM Revelations to join.

Founder of the I love nickelodeon club. PM me to join.
I could be wrong, but I don't think that particular instrument uses the baritone scale.

I seem to remember that it's basically an electric bass with two strings added above the regular four to get standard EBGDAE tuning one octave lower than a regular guitar.

I don't think it's used much in rock music.
Jackson JS30KE
Roland Cube 30
Quote by jbonamassa99
its a guitar tuned a perfect fifth down, tune it down another perfect fifth it would be like a bass. so its kinda inbetween a guitar and bass

Its a guitar tuned down a perfect fourth. You'd have to tune that down a perfect octave to make iT like a bass