Is it possible to put a tube or two in a DIY distortion pedal. Somewhat like the electro harmonix or damage control pedals?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
i dont see why you would want too to be honest, be a bit fragile to stomp on.
Quote by CraigKing
i dont see why you would want too to be honest, be a bit fragile to stomp on.

Maybe he wants some tube tone?

There are plenty of DIY stompboxes with tubes in them, just look in the stickies.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Quote by Generalpwnt
Maybe he wants some tube tone?

There are plenty of DIY stompboxes with tubes in them, just look in the stickies.

Of course i want tube tone, and im ot gonna smash the tube, the tube and socket would be under a protective metal battery cover type thing.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
dont even bother to waste your time. Like the other guy said, there are quite a few of them out there. Just watch out for a good deal on eBay. And secondly there are 2 things to a great tube tone, preamp and power amp. The one you are gonna be building will just affect the preamp section of your sound. there is still the poweramp which is gonna be solid state and hence ruining your sound. Your distorted sound will sound thin. Let me save you a lot of trouble by saying that.

good luck!

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 Cab
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus

time is like a fuse; short and burning fast -- James Hetfield
Sure, it's easy.
However, it won't help much if you have a tube amp, and it won't help much with a solid state amp. A solid state build is easier, cheaper, and would give similar sound. You can't get tube tone from just a couple gain stages in the signal path.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.