Not sure where to post this, there really aren't topics dedicated to these instruments.

I'd really like to learn to play these instruments, you guys know any good starter brands to get it down, so I don't have to spend $400 on a Eukalale?

Is anyone a mandolin or eukalale player?

Do you have any videos to share?

Thanks!
Adam
Quote by thesublime
duarte, you're a jerk.

Quote by Ollie Led Zep
Hmm...a fugly, bimbo, blonde, rich, boring, mooching, waste of blood and organs, d*ck munching, talentless, sponging c*nt in prison?

One down...
Quote by Smokey Amp
Ukulele*

Thanks, wasn't positive on how to spell it, didn't feel like looking it up.
Quote by thesublime
duarte, you're a jerk.

Quote by Ollie Led Zep
Hmm...a fugly, bimbo, blonde, rich, boring, mooching, waste of blood and organs, d*ck munching, talentless, sponging c*nt in prison?

One down...
depends if you want to get a really nice one or if you just want a starter that'll be fun to play. i got a 25 dollar rogue ukulele from musician's friend and i have played it for years and have been consisantly satisfied with it. i think some other people have had problems but they just had too high of expectations, i mean it's $25, your gonna get some glue marks on it, but it plays well and its DURABLE, i have sat on mine on accident a few times and had no damage.

and i don't know about mandolin, you should try some out at guitar center or something, just to figure out what you're looking for.
Hehe, i love playing ukulele, and mandolin too. I got my uke for 25 bucks, and it works just fine for me. Its sort of an off brand, i got it in arkansas at a mom and pop shop. As far as mandolins, you can find some good ones for about 100 bucks or so. My ukulele is a Mahalo brand, and i know you can get a Rogue mandolin for cheap.
Rogue brand mandolins. Around $150 for an acoustic-electric mandolin. Just search "mandolin" on Musician's Friend, it's on the first page. I own one, and it's pretty sweet.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Quote by lifeskater09
Hehe, i love playing ukulele, and mandolin too. I got my uke for 25 bucks, and it works just fine for me. Its sort of an off brand, i got it in arkansas at a mom and pop shop. As far as mandolins, you can find some good ones for about 100 bucks or so. My ukulele is a Mahalo brand, and i know you can get a Rogue mandolin for cheap.

$25 for a Ukulele? The cheapest I could find were $400... probably high end or something...

I just called a friend who works at a guitar shop, he said mandolins can be had for $40 at the place he works. I'm gonna have him send me one.
Quote by thesublime
duarte, you're a jerk.

Quote by Ollie Led Zep

One down...
I have a rouge mandolin, it works fine although I am no longer interested in it.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
I've got an Ovation uke. Acoustic-Electric. Awesome; but not meant to be joined with a Boss DS-1.
member #2 [red army] of the Red vs. Blue Club. PM fret13 to join.
(I wasn't cool enough for a name)
Quote by RHCP94
Pfft, we all know Yakult isn't a person.
Hate to bump the thread, but I searched for mandolin and this was at the top of the list.

I have 2 mandolins, an A-style(tear drop shape), and an F-style(Like Bill Monroe's)

They're both pretty low-end, but have served me well for 3 and 2 years respectively.

The brand name is Johnson, but I think Rouge mandolins are almost identical.

The models I have are the MA-100 and the MF-100.

Janet Davis Music has a good selection of mandolins from low to high in price range.

There's kind of a large gap as far as prices go, you can jump from a $200 mandolin to a $600 mandolin, and from there to a $1,000 one going from low to high price.

I know nothing of Ukes....

Good luck with your new venture, man.
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
Quote by duarte1223
$25 for a Ukulele? The cheapest I could find were $400... probably high end or something...

I just called a friend who works at a guitar shop, he said mandolins can be had for $40 at the place he works. I'm gonna have him send me one.

Man 400 bucks for a ukulele? Were they made of gold or something? That's completely rediculous, i can't really see how a uke could ever cost more than, maybe $150.