I'm not very familiar with the Seymore Duncan Dimebucker, but they seem to be very nice pickups. I want to know what you guys think about it vs an EMGHZ (particularly the H4). Which do you think is better and what are the differences? Now, I realize that everyone is going to argue about which is better. everyone has there own opinion, so lets try not to argue. I'm just trying learn here not start a riot.
peace
Member #20 of the Guitarists Born in 1991 Club PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.

Member Of The Anti - Ibanez Militia

Quote by d. b. cooper
I listen to metal, therefore I do not have feelings...

Quote by -blaze-
anti-depressants for emo kids.

Dimebucker hands down..
Even though both are pretty weak pickups IMO...
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
why is the dimebucker bad? i havent heard it, but logic tells me that dimebucker=dimebag darrell's signature pickup= very good pickup. I know i sound like a noob, but it just seems that it would be a good pickup
My guitar came with the HZ's. I despise them. Output is pretty damn low on them. But the tard at Guitar Center screwed up and actually didn't order my Duncan TB-6 last week like he said he did. Now I have to wait another week to go get it and the SH-2n.
Dime didn't actually use Dimebuckers. He used Bill Laurence pups.

I can personally say EMGHZ suck bad. Its like listening to a really fat person vomiting.

Tbh dunno bout dimebuckers, but most people here don't like em.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Quote by Sendrith
Dime didn't actually use Dimebuckers. He used Bill Laurence pups.

I can personally say EMGHZ suck bad. Its like listening to a really fat person vomiting.

Tbh dunno bout dimebuckers, but most people here don't like em.

Actually he used BL's before he used the Dimebucker. I've never heard them (the Dimebucker not the BL's), but I haven't heard much good said about them anywhere.

But, yeah the HZ's are very muddy sounding.
yah.. the HZ is low-output, and muddy.. which is horrible considering its supposed to be a "passive version of the classic emg active"

and the dimebucker is extremely sterile and overly trebbly..
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Yeah I wouldnt suggest though

I take it your into metal sounds so the EMG 81 would be ideal.
My, very opinionated aren't we. Why don't we let the man try the pickups out himself before placing subversive thoughts into his head regarding the tonal quality of said magnets.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
The main difference is that the EMG HZs are passive pickups, where as the dimebucker is active. It is kinda like comparing cherries and lemons.
It seems as though you are correct. My bad. It is not active although it is a high output humbucker. The HZs are EMGs cheaper passive line of pickups. I wouldn't get them they sound horrible but that is just my opinion.
Sorry! Jeez....I jumped to conclusions when I read that it was high output. Usually that means active, usually. I personally wouldn't buy pickups designed for another guitar player.
Haha just messin man,Yeah same here...I dont like trying to sound like someone else,make your own sound.
i dunno dimarzio's got high output and stuff and all kind of pickups and the only one i know that are active are emg's.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
dimebag's tone=awesome
who would say horrid you evil soul. anyway he used a dimebucker in damageplan in the dime-o-flame and the FBR dean in pantera. But i would get a bill lawrence as it is cheaper
L500XL
Quote by zeroconsequence
Sorry! Jeez....I jumped to conclusions when I read that it was high output. Usually that means active, usually. I personally wouldn't buy pickups designed for another guitar player.

Neh, not really... the DiMarzio X2N is pretty damn high output and it's as passive as passive can be.
All cleared up.

Now, on to the matter at hands. Just because something has got *insert famous guitar player*'s name on it, it hardly means that it'll sound like *insert famous guitar player*. Usually, it's just a marketing scheme for people (like you, and this is not an attack) who don't know much and follow the logic you did.
So, to answer your question: I don't like either of them, so. If you're buying a guitar that carries HZ's, buy it and switch them later. If you're buying a guitar with a Dimebucker, don't, because you're paying extra for the pickup and it won't be nearly as good as you think.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by jmag
Just because something has got *insert famous guitar player*'s name on it, it hardly means that it'll sound like *insert famous guitar player*. Usually, it's just a marketing scheme for people (like you, and this is not an attack) who don't know much and follow the logic you did.

Somebody sig this man.
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
Dimebucker sounds shit with a shit amp (Line 6). Too bassy for me, though palm muting sounds great. It's not balanced enough.
I'm not very familiar with the Seymore Duncan Dimebucker, but they seem to be very nice pickups. I want to know what you guys think about it vs an EMGHZ (particularly the H4). Which do you think is better and what are the differences? Now, I realize that everyone is going to argue about which is better. everyone has there own opinion, so lets try not to argue. I'm just trying learn here not start a riot.
peace

Just curious, and don't take this the wrong way, but you've said you're not familiar with the Dimebucker, then said it seems to be very nice? Just wondering how you came to this conclusion, not having a go!

Basically the Dimebucker is a high output pickup, but at the expense of the quality of the tone. It's thin and lacking in bottom end. EMG HZ's are passive pickups, but usually only come as stocks on cheaper versions of guitars equipped with active EMGS - basically so they look the same! They aren't terrible pickups, but they're invariable compared with active EMGs so will always sound poor in comaparison. Basically they're above-average stock pickups, but not something you'd consider as an upgrade.

In short, both pretty pants. The Lawrence L500XL is what Dimebag used...his tone was god-awful, but if you like that sort of thing it's a good choice provided you have a decent amp. Duncan Distortion, Dimarzio Tone Zone and D-Sonic are all much better options.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
why dont u just go to youtube type in emg hz or dimebucker and listen to a few

Im getting a guitar with emg hzs i think ill end up changing out at least the bridge one when i get the money tho they sopunded really muddy on youtube
i dont think dimebag used the dimebuckers that much he used bill lawrence L500XLs and they cost like half as much and i listened to some on youtube and they sound better i know for shure ill be buying one of these to replacace tyhe emg hz in my schecter
I quite like the EMG HZ pickups on my Dean Custom 450 but it seems I'm the only one on UG who likes 'em. The cleans aren't very good (muddy!) but when you use distortion they really come to life!
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
Quote by zeroconsequence

Many high output pickups are passive too... check the facts before you post.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by mrperson
dimebag's tone=awesome
who would say horrid you evil soul. anyway he used a dimebucker in damageplan in the dime-o-flame and the FBR dean in pantera. But i would get a bill lawrence as it is cheaper
L500XL

dime used washburn for the majority of his career (1996 to 2004) very rarely did he use a dean during the peak of his career.

anyways, both are passive, dime used bill lawerence pups even after he endorsed the dimebucker. washburn holds true to this accuracy when they make/made the dime guitars, unlike dean.

but out of the hz, and the dimebucker, i would get a hz, i think they sound better, but that may be biased because ive played one dimebucker ( USA razoback through a dual recto, and it sounded like crap.) vs 4 pairs of hz's
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
The Dimebucker sucks IMO. It is very weak and trebley, don't get it. Go for a D Sonic instead.
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
WAYYY, too much treble for me, but the pickup is good. I would rather go with Bill Lawrences becasue that is a great tone for metal, or even the new Duncans that are active.