Hey, I've been thinking about getting an archtop, like the Gibson L-5, anything like that. Are there any decent archtops in the <$500 range? They don't necessarily need a pickup or anything, I'd be fine with out them.

Oh yeah, I went on eBay and other sites and found some old Harmony, Washburn, and other kinds of archtops for pretty cheap. It sounds kinda risky, but if there's something wrong with them I probably can fix it. Would those be worth it?

Thanks
For less than $500, the Ibanez Artcore series and the Washburn HB series are your best bets...or maybe one of the Epiphone Gibson knock offs.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Personally I don't like the look of the AlleyKat or the Zephyr, but I've been thinking about getting an Emperor Regent or a Broadway myself. The Broadway is very close to the specs of an L-5, but both of those are a little out of your price range.

You might want to consider a used Epi Joe Pass. You can find them on eBay in your price range and I think they're fantastic for the money.

And I've never played an Artcore, but I've heard good things about them.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
the ibanez archtops are pretty good, and they have 2 humbucker instead of only one in the neck