ok, so right know im runnin on an ESP F-500, which has dual EMG 81 pickups.
now, they are giving me phenominal sound, the distortion is beautiful, my cleans are to die for, and pinch harmonix never sounded so piercing (in a good way) but the one thing that bugs me, is that the dont seem sensitive... its almost like thier not letting my strings ring out enough, or whenever i attempt a trill, it seems like half of my sound is cut out.
could this be form the pickups? is it possible to adjust the sensitivity in this area?
or could it be from some crappy strings im usin
PLEASE HELP ME!
Raise the pickups? Turn up the gain? Buy some passive pickups?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
are you using any effects pedals? a noise gate or some zoom pedals with noise gates tend to cut sustain an do that
change the battery possibly? doubt its that tho
Quote by Paddles
I feel sorry for the drummer, he gets stuck with a guitarist who can't hold a rhythm to save his life and a vocalist in the middle of a heavy-flow month.
Your strings could be crap - change them. Maybe your action is to low - check to see if that is killing your sustain. Perhaps the pickups are too close to the strings - try lowering them. If you have a noise gate try fooling around with the settings or turn it off to see if it is the problem.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
Well, I had a similar problem and it helped to change the strings (to another variety, not just new ones of the same kind)
I had that problem and it turned out that the action was too low on my guitar. But like everyone else said if that doesn't work try new strings or lowering the pickups, but EMGs have to be alot closer to the strings than passive do since they have a somewhat different type of magnet.
They're lower impedance, which means that by themselves they have ALOT less output, almost none. To counter this they use a battery to boost the signal and the output.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
I have emgs and that sounds like the battery is low. Time for a new battery