I've been working on this off and on for 3 months and I still can't seem to get it (at least not consistently). I just can't seem to figure out the right amount of pressure to get *some* sound, but not all of it. I especially seem to have trouble with chords.

Any advice would be very appreciated, I'm tired of struggling with something that should be pretty simple.
Just use the edge of it. The part straight down (or up if you're looking down at the guitar) from your pinky. Doesn't take much pressure, so you shouldn't have to apply much at all.
Try changing the pressure, as well as how far away from the bridge your hand is.

It's not just about how, but it's also where you're muting.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Try changing the pressure, as well as how far away from the bridge your hand is.

It's not just about how, but it's also where you're muting.

Yeah generally hold mine just above the bridge pickup.
yea to get more of the notes in press medium pressure at the edge of your bridge

where as a tighter more compressed sound if you press harder and farther away
Soul Collector of the BassMilitia PM Dinkydaisy

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

You should've used the Pythagorean Theorem, BITCH

BLALLALALASSISSIS *shank*
use the side of your hand and put it as close to the bridge just at the start of it and let your hand just rest on it.
Alot of palm muting really depends on your bridge. Mines ground and i mute right where the low meets the bridge with the greatest amount of pressure on the low e generally less as the strings get thinner until im hardly even palm muting the high e. Like everthing else with guitar its just alot of practice over and over and eventually you'll get it.
Remember it's not "palm" muting. Use the edge of your hand. Make sure it rests on the metal bridge and NOT the strings themselves. If you don't hear enough muting, slowly scoot your hand closer in (toward the neck).

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.