I'm buying a Schecter Hellraiser Avenger for all of my heavily detuned Death Metal needs (think Nile and Newer Cannibal Corpse). I want to get it set up with a gauge string that will maintain string tension comparable to that of 10's in standard tuning. Considering that Nile plays in drop A and Cannibal Corpse play in drop G# or A and I also would be using it for as high as drop C (I'll use my Carvin for drop D or Higher), what gauge should I get?

Btw I used the search button but this specific issue was never addressed to my satisfaction.
^ it depends what you like, but if youre primarily going to use drop A, and G# then id get .12's or .13's
Oh yea, I used .015s/
Rawr.

.015s are good for drop a. Ooh yea.
.013s might not be enough still..
Quote by Jongpil Yun
12 or 13 dude. Heavy is good. SRV played with 13s in standard tuning, so don't pussy out.

Not true, he mostly tuned down half a step.
Gear:
Gibson les paul Studio faded, modded Buckethead style (killswitch, 1 tone, 1 vol)
Taylor Big Baby 306-GB
Modded Cort KX-5, runaway (neck) and warthog (bridge)
Laney VC-15
Digitech Bad Monkey, EH Big Muff, crybaby JH-1
does it make a difference if you use different gauge? honest question here. not trying to be an arse.
KsE

You know they rock.
well, if you tune to A on 9's, you'll have them flapping all over the place. seriously. plus the sound gets really, really bad, and the frets buzz like mad. 11's should be fine i think, might be a bit tight at C.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
My guitar teacher has .13s with standard tuning, I don't see how he does it!

I'd say .12 or .13 would do.
Current gear:
LTD MH-301 fitted with EMG 81/60
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 5150 with JJ tubes
Avatar 4x12 with Warehouse Veteran 30 and British Lead Speakers
Crate XT120R
Just make sure you get a set that has bigger low strings, those are what makes the biggest difference, yet some companies make stuff like 12-54's which make NO sense to me. I use 11-56's for drop c, and I don't think they would be nearly tight enough for drop a (that's insanity). So I suggest something BIG.