I'd like to know what the big diference in the sound is between the two (when comparably equipped)? I would guess the Stiletto is more comfortable with EL34s because of how it's built, but the versatility of 3 channels is equally tempting. Anyway, I'm thinking about (eventually) getting one or the other once I get the cash, and I haven't had a place to try either out, but I figured I'd get opinions ahead of time.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Im not a fan of the Stiletto. Idk why. Im not a fan of Rectos with EL-34s either. They sound totally different. And the Recto will still sound like a Recto even with EL-34s.
Recto>Stilleto

the company is famous for 6L6 amps,. EL-34 have been done by others.

youw ant el-34 tone, get a marshall, or a engl, or any otheer famous EL34 powered amps.
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Im not a fan of the Stiletto. Idk why. Im not a fan of Rectos with EL-34s either. They sound totally different. And the Recto will still sound like a Recto even with EL-34s.

Alright, THAT'S the kind of reply I was looking for.

See, I planned on replacing the tubes with JJ's E34Ls either way (on reccomendation of a thread I found on this site), so I needed to know if the tones were close, or stoll drastically different. I'll try them out when I can find them and see for myself. Thanks

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

Quote by SGKIDD
Recto>Stilleto

the company is famous for 6L6 amps,. EL-34 have been done by others.

youw ant el-34 tone, get a marshall, or a engl, or any otheer famous EL34 powered amps.

I thought about trying ENGL, too. But I've heard that Marshalls don't have good pinch harmonics... although I'm not sure if the person who said that has heard Zakk Wylde. Though it may just be the JCM 2000 DSL they were talking about... I'm looking for something hotter than Marshall could provide anyway, but I still want to be able to clean up nice. As I said in my previous post, I'll check them out now that I know the recto keeps most of it's signature sound.

Stupid name.

but... If your looking into a recto, that tone is the 6L6 tone.. dont over look 6L6's they are amazing tubes...
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
I intend to try out several amps, with 6L6's, EL34's, those other ones that I can't remember the names of xD

Stupid name.

kt88's? or perhaps El-84's maybe 6L6GCMSTR's? lol Theres a ton of them out there.
Mail Goes here.

I think it was like, ECC88 or something like that. Anyway, I forgot to say in my last post, I'll check out the Recto with 6L6's, as well as EL34s.

Stupid name.

Well finding a recto with EL's in it is going to be hard, and honestly the gain structure isnt as pleasing.

Just my opinion but Ive been told I ahve eccellnt tone.
Mail Goes here.

Hehe, well, thanks for the possible warning

Stupid name.

No problem, its what I do here at UG, I help out, and if you piss me off, I hunt you.
Mail Goes here.

Best game to hunt! And the most rewarding!
Mail Goes here.

Only if theyre carrying cash. Credit cards are no good.

/spam

Yeah. Rectos + EL34s dont mix well, IMO.

Like...like...

ur mom.

>.>

o.O

<.<
Do what I am going to do and save up and get a Dual Recto Road King. They have both 6L6s and el34s use them separate or together..
My Gear
Fender Strat ('97American Lonestar HSS)
Ibanez RGTHRG1
B-52 AT100
Marshall1960A Cab
Marshall 1960B Cab