I have the Behringer GMX212 and my BC Rich Platinum Warlock. I also use my Korg PX4D in the mix for effects instead of just the amp's effects.

Now, my question is. Do the speakers that my amp contain, they are BULGERA (Supposed to be JENSEN as what was stated when I purchased...) 70watts. Now, if am to replace these speakers with some higher end 70watt speakers, would this improve sound quality, or is it within the amp's processor, input/output? I am running my Korg into the AUX channel of the amp, the clean channel if you will... (The amp has 2 channels, no good clean one, but an AUX and seperate volume in the rear which I use). Will this make a signifigant difference in the sound or am I just better off saving up for a new amp all together, or perhaps selling this one and purchasing a new one.

The sound I want is a Dimebag / Zakk Wylde sound. I am thinking perhaps changing the speakers to the BLS endorsed speakers that Zakk uses. Should I just go buy a RANDALL or a MARSHALL amp?

What do you guys think, some suggestions pleaes, well information on the ups/downs on upgrading my current setup and/or information on purchasing a new amp.

Zakk endorses the MG Series Amps. Dimebag seems to like his RANDAL and KRANK amps.

Thanks in advance. I'll check back tomorrow for an update!

P.S. Could the fact that I have BC Rich Progressive pickups in my Warlock be contributing to the lact of 'tone/sound' that I want?
My toys:

BC Rich Platinum Warlock
Mako Strat Copy
ION Electric-Acoustic
Behringer V-Tone GMX212
ION Acoustic Practice Amp
Korg PX4D Effects Processor
Here is a picture of my amp:

Here is a pic of my pickups:

My toys:

BC Rich Platinum Warlock
Mako Strat Copy
ION Electric-Acoustic
Behringer V-Tone GMX212
your amp sucks.

Dont get SS anything, and give us a price range you can do for a new amp... answers will come soon. be patient.
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
Quote by SGKIDD
your amp sucks.

Dont get SS anything, and give us a price range you can do for a new amp... answers will come soon. be patient.

Shhhh you, all I've seen from you is tube elitism. For that guys money, he would be MUCH better off getting a nice SS amp and a good distortion pedal, combined with (at the minimum) new pickups or a new guitar. BC Riches are known for their substandard quality, which combined with agathis, won't give you a good metal tone easily.
That being said, stick away from the Marshall MG rang like a herpes infested mountain goat. There are much better SS amps that would suit the tone you're looking for.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
^^

yeap much like the Roland Cubes would suite you for SS...
and if tube then go Marshall DSL401...
If you're going to replace the speakers, try something from the Eminence redcoat series.
Well, like I was saying, Wylde uses the MG series to practice on, he also probably has his signature BLS speakers in them aswell. So I was wondering if I could just replace the speakers within mine and that would help?

I figure if I got the effects to make the crunch and the right speakers to withstand the power, would it not work no matter what kinda hardware the amp has pushing the speakers?
My toys:

BC Rich Platinum Warlock
Mako Strat Copy
ION Electric-Acoustic
Behringer V-Tone GMX212
Quote by DimebagDaner
Well, like I was saying, Wylde uses the MG series to practice on, he also probably has his signature BLS speakers in them aswell. So I was wondering if I could just replace the speakers within mine and that would help?

I figure if I got the effects to make the crunch and the right speakers to withstand the power, would it not work no matter what kinda hardware the amp has pushing the speakers?

Unfortunately, that amp you have isn't the best on the planet. While replacing the speakers will 'open up' the amp a bit, there isn't much you could do to get a good metal tone from that amp. Buying a new amp is a better investment than replacing the speakers and buying some good effects to get that tone you want.
Definitely have a look at the Roland Cubes (more suited to distortion) or the Vox Valvetronix Series (more versatile). I'm sure Dime himself used/supported a range of Randall SS heads, you could maybe do a bit of research into those.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."