I was wondering if i could add locking nuts to my guitar that didnt come with them? if your not sure what im talking about, its the clamp-like-thing just above the 1st fret to keep the strings intune, at least, thats what i think its for.
www.myspace.com/wearedraind
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
ESP LTD EX-400BD (two of them)
Peavey 5150
Mesa 4x12 Straightback Slant cab loaded with v30's
if you dont have a floyd rose or floating trem theres no real use for it.. even if its just for tuning stability it would be a hassle changing tuning

why not get locking tuners?
Quote by zerowing
if you dont have a floyd rose or floating trem theres no real use for it.. even if its just for tuning stability it would be a hassle changing tuning

why not get locking tuners?

haha honestly i think locking nuts look cool on a guitar but i guess i dont need them since i dont have a floyd rose trem. but it would be cool if i did!
www.myspace.com/wearedraind
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
ESP LTD EX-400BD (two of them)
Peavey 5150
Mesa 4x12 Straightback Slant cab loaded with v30's
Lock nuts are gods gift to guitars . Your guitar dosent go out of tune that often . You dont have to worry about knoking your machine heads when packing your guitar away etc .
^locking tuners would work just as well, and make it easier to string and are an easier mod.

but if u feel like spending money cause u like the mean look, then tell the guy to swap ur nut.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I would not suggest it, locking nuts are specifically designed for floyds and other trems, when you tighten them down, it throws off your tuning, if you have a floyd, you use the fine tuners to fix it, if not, you're screwed.
Last edited by 1fine69 at Feb 1, 2007,
^u mean locking nut. but yes.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011