Hi all,

Well I'm looking to build my perfect guitar in the near future. The body that I want built can be made by Warmoth guitars. But I was wondering If any of you UGers know of a similiar company situated in Australia. If I bought from america I'd get slugged an extra $200 when it arrived on home soil. So if I could avoid this id be able to use it for something else.

Cheers fellas
I don't know of anywhere but I'm interested to see if there is somewhere so I'll be watching this thread.

The guy who owns Haworth guitars here in Kiama used to do a special woodworking course at the school I went to to make guitars but it stopped the year I went there damnit! Maybe if no one else comes up with anything better you could give him a call. I dunno if he builds guitars or what really, but he'd probably be a good source of information or point you in the right direction.
Use the power of google to find and email a few Australian luthiers, I can think of 3 that should be able to help you (Ormsby is one of them). Because it's a custom, expect to pay a premium price for it.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/bodies/strat.cfm?fuseaction=strat_hollow

I was looking at the one to the bottom on the left. The strat body with the single F- Hole That would sound sweet. I've already got one guy that is prepared to make me a 22 fret vintage radius neck but I was hoping that there would be a larger company to build the body. He's pretty expensive but as you said, I have to be prepared to pay big buck 4 a custom build.
he said he can't use warmoth frethead.

dur.

i don't know the answer though.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Erm...frethead is the threadstarter, woodenbandman..

"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by woodenbandman

dur.

dipshit.........

and im shure theres someone in AU that can do it- maybe talk to wats his name...he builds the guitar in AU- orsmby>?
Quote by tongue untied
dipshit.........

and im shure theres someone in AU that can do it- maybe talk to wats his name...he builds the guitar in AU- orsmby>?

Yeah, it would be an all custom, so expect a $300+ pricetag
Quote by forsaknazrael
Erm...frethead is the threadstarter, woodenbandman..

PWNED!

I just died a little inside.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by woodenbandman

dur.

How much do you have to spend? If you have enough, you should contact a local luthier in Aus.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
algee, you changed your avatar!

when was the last time you did that?
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
It's been a while.

Too bad this board sucks, and uses 50 x 50 pixels.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
I'm willing to spend $400. Would I be able to get it finished for this price or would that increase the price more?
First, ask him if he's interested.

Then get a price tag.

And if the number on the tag ain't the numbers on your budget, then you have problems.
you guys have seen the pic of what I want, How do I go about describing it over the phone.

You know better than us, man. You're the one who wants it.

You want a thinline Strat with a single f-hole and an arm contour, routed for a Superstrat combination and no pickguard.

You want it rear routed for the controls? Yeah, that too. What setup? 5-way switch, volume tone tone?

You're the one who wants it!
I've heard of an australian company called "Naked Bodies" which do this sort of stuff, but after google searching I was only able to find what you'd expect to find looking for that sort of thing on google . Would anybody happen to know If they are a real company, and If so do they have a website?

I know I'm really getting you guys to do a lot of work for me. Its much appreciated
Frethead... i can import the warmoth bodies/necks/whatever for you, pay the taxes (which i can claim back, you cant), and sell you the bits. Will cost you slightly more than if you imported it yourself (sometimes cheaper, because i get large packages which are cheaper per unit to transit, and i often get much better rates on the goods), but much less than the grand total after you have paid the duties and taxes.

I order from Warmoth about every three weeks, as i have heaps of people buying stuff because it works out cheaper for them. I can claim all the taxes back, so it doesnt cost me a cent to pay them (in the long run).

Its up to you. Email me (not through here, do it through my website) if you want to go ahead.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
I just imported a body and a neck from warmoth into melbourne (which I am currently seeking ideas for finishing on) and didn't get stung for extra charges when they arrived. I probably just fluked out though.
How may The National D help you waste your time?