hi guys,
i've come here because i dont know who else to turn to for help...

i just moved to a new place hours away from where i used to live and i am miserable. my new school is full of people who have been there for 12 years and are not the least bit interested in even trying to get to know me (they are not exactly the kind of people i would be friends with anyway, but i mean, they are better than no friends). dont think that i havnt tried to make friends either, every conversation i start gets quickly ended and me excluded, and every conversation i try to join into is either something that i know nothing about or it is one that is quickly ended and changed to a topic that i know nothing about.

also, i dont know anything about where i live, since i have no friends i dont have the motivation to go out and find something to do, because honestly, if you have no one to do things with, why bother? i tried getting my cousin to come over so that i could go out with him and maybe meet some people, but it rained and i wouldnt have know where to go anyway.

UG.... what do i do? i feel like i am not going to get out of this rut that im in because people at school are all uninteresting and are uninterested in me and i dont know how to meet people outside of school.

of course, i would ask my parents to go to another school where perhaps i could get back the great popularity i had where i used to live, but since my parents are paying 20000$ to send me to this school, i dont want to sound ungrateful (because i really, truly am grateful). i am dying...

when i moved i left behind me the greatest friends (one who was like a brother, he asked if i would serve in the army with him if he chose to do that, and i said yes... and i meant it, i'd die for him) my band, my girlfriend (who i loved like you would not believe) and the list goes on....

(to anyone that read all that, thank you, i needed to say it and i cant tell anybody else)

UG... please, help, i know there are people out there who can tell me how to fix this, but i dont know how. before it was easy, people were fun and life was great and meeting people was easy because of that....

thanks....
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by instagata0

of course, i would ask my parents to go to another school where perhaps i could get back the great popularity i had where i used to live, but since my parents are paying 20000$ to send me to this school, i dont want to sound ungrateful (because i really, truly am grateful). i am dying...

Twenty fuckin' grand!! WTF does the school think your made of. Maybe people are just rich and I'm not.
yeah, i know, i think thats the reason why everyone is so ...... *cant think of the word* ..... i think thats why i dont like their attitude that much, they are all rich and they all know it and they all fu*king love it....
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

your story bought a tear to my eye dude... i was kinda in the same position i moved far away to a strange place and had to leave a mate who was like a brother behind... just wait a bit longer im sure some people will see how rad you are and you'll make new friends...i eventually made close friends and joined a kick ass band and fell in love... i wouldnt worry to much man you'll be fine!
It ain't a popularity contest. But stick at it and I'm sure someone at your school bound to notice you. Don't write them off, you probably don't know them very well.
WHY DID I BECOME A HOBO!?

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
Quote by hXcHIMfan
your story bought a tear to my eye dude... i was kinda in the same position i moved far away to a strange place and had to leave a mate who was like a brother behind... just wait a bit longer im sure some people will see how rad you are and you'll make new friends...i eventually made close friends and joined a kick ass band and fell in love... i wouldnt worry to much man you'll be fine!

you have no idea how much that means to me. thank you
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

Why did you actually leave your old school? sounds like you had a lot going for ya. Better education at new school or sommit?
Quote by metaldud635
Has anyone ever caught their parents doing it?

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah, multiple times, and I usually joined in, still do in fact.

Quote by Vagabond21
Aaahh yes, the great state of Kentucky
(to fleas) grammar.

and to posessed, my dad got a job here and i had no choice...
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

Quote by instagata0
(to fleas) grammar.

and to posessed, my dad got a job here and i had no choice...

wow someone spelt my name right...and ooh :/ i`m sure that if you stuck it a bit longer then people will get to know you...new kids often arent accepted for a while in a place where everyone else has been friends for a long time.
Quote by metaldud635
Has anyone ever caught their parents doing it?

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah, multiple times, and I usually joined in, still do in fact.

Quote by Vagabond21
Aaahh yes, the great state of Kentucky
Wow, I really feel for ya man... Where were you livin before you left? Fellow Aussie, just interested.

One of my best friends left from here (2 hours south of Sydney), and moved to Melbourne, and it's been tough for him too. How long have you been in your new environment for? If you give it time then I find that people will always eventually open up to you.

In the meantime, try to let this whole thing pass while you focus on a bit of schooling, if not only for your parents

BTW...Where the hell do you go to school?!? the most expensive school I've ever heard of here is close to 12-15 grand a year AUD...
"I feel sorry for James Blunt, he has to wake up every morning and think 'Ah man, I'm James Blunt'"
ok, i go to belmont christian college, thats like 20 mins out of newcastle. Where abouts you living?
Quote by Hot Pants
Wow, I really feel for ya man... Where were you livin before you left? Fellow Aussie, just interested.

One of my best friends left from here (2 hours south of Sydney), and moved to Melbourne, and it's been tough for him too. How long have you been in your new environment for? If you give it time then I find that people will always eventually open up to you.

In the meantime, try to let this whole thing pass while you focus on a bit of schooling, if not only for your parents

BTW...Where the hell do you go to school?!? the most expensive school I've ever heard of here is close to 12-15 grand a year AUD...

i go to NGS, the grammar school. the schooling is only 16 grand (shouldnt say that.... ONLY.... jeez), its the costs after that that bring it up to almost 20

edit: sorry, didnt finish that. i've been here for about 2 months, im not exactly sure, probably less
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

Last edited by instagata0 at Feb 1, 2007,
Quote by _fleas_
ok, i go to belmont christian college, thats like 20 mins out of newcastle. Where abouts you living?

in hamleton (i dont even know how to spell it...) hammilton?... you know where i mean
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

First off i feel for ya

second, just take your guitar to school and your bound to get noticed by people lol

you'll be top of the school b4 you know it
*Spec. Edition Lite Ash Fender Telecaster
*Peavey 6506
*Marshall 1960A Vintage
*Maton EA80C
*Original Jim Dunlop Cry baby
what do you mean cant you just shred some pantera then you'll have chicks onto ya in no time !
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
In all honesty.... your a ****ing idiot.

You moan you dont have friends, yet you dont even try to gain any.

What exactly do you want to gain from this thread, no one here can help your miserable mind. **** off.
Quote by Shredlet
what do you mean cant you just shred some pantera then you'll have chicks onto ya in no time !

that'd be all well and good if i was game to take my guitar to school, knew where an amp was, and managed to get enough people down to a basement thing (where the amp would be if there is one)... plus, apparently there is some guy who thinks he is pretty good and even though he played some riff that kinda sucked in music class, im still scared of being shown up by him.... being more embarrassed is the last thing i need... thanks for you're idea anyway though...
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

First of all, do your best not to be antisocial. I've seen this in the navy. I've had friends go to different squadrons and flounder because they couldn't fit in. While it's important not to change who you are(although that happens naturally approx15-20 times between the ages of 18-25), it may be time for you to get into something new. I found it very easy to fit in and find my niche anywhere i go because i play sports. Even if it is just intramural, it's a great way to meet new people. However, if you are completely uncoordinated this may not be the best option. You play guitar i assume, there must be some of those snobby rich kids that play as well, you just need to find them. Keep up with your studies, this will alienate you more if you are perceived as an idiot. I am assuming that you are going to a good school if you are paying that much. Make the best of it. There may be other clubs that you could join. You must realize that popularity is a load of sh**. While it was great back at your old school, ask yourself "why was i Popular"? Then take notice of the Popular kids at your school, do you wish to associate yourself with them? In high school, i never associated myself with any group, but all groups. Of course it was easy at my school, we only had 400people in grades 9-12. So everybody pretty much knew each other anyway. How long have you been at your new school? It takes time for people to get used to you just as it will take time for you to get used to them. Popularity as you are finding out doesn't transfer. Keep at it and don't dispair. You will find friends, it will just take some time. Don't get discouraged, and don't have an attitude, the best thing at this time is to have an open mind and pick your opportunities to make friends. Good luck and keep your head up, in the meantime play your guitar! Learn some great new tunes to show off to your soon to be new friends.
Quote by Pigdestroyer

What exactly do you want to gain from this thread, no one here can help your miserable mind. **** off.

please leave... you have made 2 posts to many in this thread... i dont know if you actually read my first post, but i am trying to make friends....

from this thread i want some ideas on how to make friends, like i said, it wasnt as hard to make friends inside or outside of school as it is here...

edit:
First of all, do your best not to be antisocial. I've seen this in the navy. I've had friends go to different squadrons and flounder because they couldn't fit in. While it's important not to change who you are(although that happens naturally approx15-20 times between the ages of 18-25), it may be time for you to get into something new. I found it very easy to fit in and find my niche anywhere i go because i play sports. Even if it is just intramural, it's a great way to meet new people. However, if you are completely uncoordinated this may not be the best option. You play guitar i assume, there must be some of those snobby rich kids that play as well, you just need to find them. Keep up with your studies, this will alienate you more if you are perceived as an idiot. I am assuming that you are going to a good school if you are paying that much. Make the best of it. There may be other clubs that you could join. You must realize that popularity is a load of sh**. While it was great back at your old school, ask yourself "why was i Popular"? Then take notice of the Popular kids at your school, do you wish to associate yourself with them? In high school, i never associated myself with any group, but all groups. Of course it was easy at my school, we only had 400people in grades 9-12. So everybody pretty much knew each other anyway. How long have you been at your new school? It takes time for people to get used to you just as it will take time for you to get used to them. Popularity as you are finding out doesn't transfer. Keep at it and don't dispair. You will find friends, it will just take some time. Don't get discouraged, and don't have an attitude, the best thing at this time is to have an open mind and pick your opportunities to make friends. Good luck and keep your head up, in the meantime play your guitar! Learn some great new tunes to show off to your soon to be new friends.

you, however, are being very helpful. i think that you had a great idea that i didnt even consider even though it was obvious, i'll go and get signed up for a few sports tomorrow.

thanks =)
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

Last edited by instagata0 at Feb 1, 2007,
Dw about pigdestoyer.

he probably eats as much penis as his mum, but thats a close contest.

anyways, if people don't have give you the time of day, then there most probably not worth being friends with.

how long you been at the school so far.
*Spec. Edition Lite Ash Fender Telecaster
*Peavey 6506
*Marshall 1960A Vintage
*Maton EA80C
*Original Jim Dunlop Cry baby
Right heres my honest of honest recomendations;

Go into school, head held high, and talk to someone you would like to associate yourself with the most, i.e someone you have something in common with, get talking, and voila a friend.

Its not ****ing hard.
Quote by Zara man
Dw about pigdestoyer.

he probably eats as much penis as his mum, but thats a close contest.

anyways, if people don't have give you the time of day, then there most probably not worth being friends with.

how long you been at the school so far.

a week... not long at all, i know, but it was long enough to make me make this thread, i guess
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

Quote by Pigdestroyer

bad day?

take out your repressed anger on someone else
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
To threadstarter:
Your situation doesn't seem to be too good. Personally, id rather live on my own than leave my Girlfriend and best mates behind (and basically tell my parents to screw themselves, grateful or not), but like some people have said above me, try your best to be as social as possible, even if other people try and refuse you. Eventually, you'll find some people to hang round with who wont ignore you, or cut conversation short.
I mean, who wants to be friends with obnoxious, ignorant morons anyway?
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
Quote by instagata0
yeah, i know, i think thats the reason why everyone is so ...... *cant think of the word* ..... i think thats why i dont like their attitude that much, they are all rich and they all know it and they all fu*king love it....

F*cking snobs. Who gives a f*ck? There so rich they're stuck up there own asses. Just get on with life.
If you get music as a subject, ask your Music teacher if there is any school bands that need a guitarist or anything. You could make friends from joining a band. And also, just what you're already trying - just talk to them when they're talking.

I feel sorry for you.

Hey man, I moved to Saudi Arabia from England and got introduced to a few people on my first day, and most of the kids were curious about me, being from a completely different country and whatnot. I didn't have many friends though, so I took up some sports and activities to get in with them and have similar intrests. It worked fine for me.

I know what you mean though, it's hard moving somewhere new and leaving things behind. I'm moving to a different country next year I think, and I'm really nervous about the first weeks of school, they're usually the hardest..

I'm sure you'll do allright sooner or later, maybe theres a few kids who aren't complete snobs

Oh and AdamDK's sugestion was good too, as were many said allready.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by Pigdestroyer

He clearly said that he's tried joining conversations, and they exclude him or he doens't know what they're talking about, meaning he has tried, and he's not asking for help with his 'miserable mind'. So shut up.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
CAN.NOT.COMPUTE

Seems as my robotic shameless promoter of death does not understand your command.

PLEASE LICK MY LEMON.
Pigdestroyer, you are a ****ing asshole. This poor dude's trying to ask for some legitimate advice, and while UG may not be the best place to do that, you don't have to make him feel like shit. To the threadstarter, i feel for ya man. I've never personally had to move to a different school, but a couple of years back, my dad got layed off and we thought we would have to move. The feeling was sickening man. So just stay strong and do your best to make it though. Good Luck.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
She has a pussy so she shall be banged.

Smile, enjoy, live...you only get to do it once.
Well how long have you been there?

You have to give it some time. Try joining a sports team or band or something, those can be great for making friends.
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

dude ive moved around my whole life, ive never been able to carry out a good friendship.

It sucks but you go on with it. I'm sure there is another in your school just like you who doesnt want to be there.

no go find them

and seriously australia is dangerous id move.
That sucks man. Go to a different school.
Man I just moved too, but I am lucky as hell. Although I did leave behind my amazingly good and unique friends, I am considered probably the coolest dude in my new school (which is infinetly better than my old school) and I'm not one of those arrogant trend following types that are usually cool, everyone thinks I'm hilarious and practically worships my guitar skills. Most prominently though, my girlfriend who I'd die for (who's three years older than me) followed me across an entire province and is now living in the same city.
So yeah I'm pretty lucky.
The Only member of the "I hate people with huge sigs club." Don't PM me to join.