I have a SG Epiphone Special,its a low end guitar,but its experimental. I just installed Dimarzio super distortion late 70's pickups. I now want to change the the switch,the input and the pods to a higher end. I know this will not work a ton of magic but it is non the less a project guitar. My question is,are some brands better than others...I have seen Dimarzio and Gibson and a few others...Does the quality matter? Will this enhance my sound? It is not very expensive to change the pods to a better brand,I have been told this will enhance the quality of the sound.
i think you mean pots not pods. quality does matter. I would look for some Gibson 500k pots and some Orange Drop capacitors, and silver wire if you can find it. All those will enhance your tone.
Silver wire? It won't help you that much with tone. CTS pots are known for being good quality, I'm not sure how much different brand of caps will help though (I'm talking in general, not the highest quality to the lowest). You should look adding a treble-bleed cap to your volume pots to retain your signal too.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Silver wire will just help cut down noise a little, but if your joins are good then it doesn't really make a hige difference.

One thing I'd suggest having a look at is how many of those pots you use, and eiminate the ones you don't. The more things you have your signal running through the more noise you'll add. It's an extremely subtle difference, but very nice if you're picky.
You really don't need Orange Drop caps, just normal caps will do. Standard values are .47uf for 'buckers.
Use this diagram, although the wires coming from the humbuckers might be different colours.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Thank you,Thank you,that is an awesome schematic,that is self explanatory...