im planning to do some work on my squier showmaster in the summer, ive never done anything like this with any guitar before so i need some help

1. these are the pickups i am planning to get for it:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fender-lace-sensor/12229 (x2 gold)

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/sh-8b-invader-humbucker/8227 (white)

would those sound good together?

2. if i were to sand down the guitar body so i can repaint it white, how hard would it be to get a good finish afterward? (ie a smooth white finish that looks good)

3. since im looking to replace ALL the electronics (the ones in there are rusted as hell and mostly dont even work) is there a good UK site to buy the electronics from?

4. what electronics do i actually need (if it helps i want a 5 way switch and 1 volume, one tone)?

5. since i absolutely HAVE to get rid of the bridge (used to be chrome, now its brown ) what would be a good bridge to have?

oh and what i hope to have at the end is a white strat style guitar with mostly gold hardware and a pearl pickguard

thanks in advance for ANY help, its much appreciated
cool sites, thanks

btw im trying to make it a good guitar for bluesy, rock n roll stylesso i hope someone knows what i should do with the pickups
oh right i play metal :p anyway are you sure you want a humbucher? cos i'd check out bare knukle p-ups i never tried any but they're meant to be great

and im bored so hay we have the same amp
wooo great minds think alike

well im not to good with pickups, i dont really want to spend lots of money on a new body and i would have no idea how to make a single coil fit in to a humbucker slot ant for it to look good.

is there any humbucker sized sigle coils or humbuckers which have the same tone as a single coil?
i think seymour duncan made one. you could always fill the hole with wood filler then dremel or route where to put the single coil. what colour is the guitar anyway?

edit: does the guitar have a scratch plate?
right now the guitar is black, no scratchplate, two single coil slots and one humbucker

its going to be white, id get a pic of the body but i cant find my camera
Quote by forsaknazrael
I think Lace Sensors are pretty neat.
They're what Pete Townshend is using in his Fender right now, if you dig the Who.
So stick with those.

And...don't buy the Invader. It's a bad pickup.

well what should i get instead of the invader?
Actually, a Seymour Duncan SH-11 would be better suited for a Showmaster's wood type than a SH-5 Custom.
I don't know what kind of pickup config your showmaster has. What are they, HSS? If so...

SeymourDuncan.com has some clips of it. It's an aggressive pickup, that's PAF voiced. it's got a bit of a growl to it, so it's great for classic rock. It can do some rude blues-rock as well.
There's also the Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates which is made for bluesy-classic rock.
Then just pick up a couple of SSL-2's for the neck and middle position.

Since you're in the UK, I don't know how much it'll cost...but in US, I could pick these up for maybe 60 bucks.
You might want to consider Swineshead, sicne they're UK based. Might be nicer to your wallet.
Check out their Condor for the HB, and the Spotlights for the single coils.
thanks, i lookeds at the sounds and the prices and i think im probably going to go for 2 SSL-1 and a pearly gates humbucker, bout £160 total

is it difficult to install a knew tremolo bridge with a whammy bar or should i try a diff. bridge?
Quote by forsaknazrael
I think Lace Sensors are pretty neat.
They're what Pete Townshend is using in his Fender right now, if you dig the Who.
So stick with those.

And...don't buy the Invader. It's a bad pickup.

I think Laces sound pretty bland.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
thanks, i lookeds at the sounds and the prices and i think im probably going to go for 2 SSL-1 and a pearly gates humbucker, bout £160 total

Unless you use a wound G string, I'd go for the SSL-2's. Otherwise the output will be too high on your plain G string.

Quote by GLP_Arclite
is it difficult to install a knew tremolo bridge with a whammy bar or should i try a diff. bridge?

I don't think so. As long as your guitar already had a vintage style tremolo, you should be okay. Try cleaning off the old bridge with Naptha, that should the rust off. If it's still functional, but just rusty, try and save some bucks, ya know?
If not...Look for a Wilkin Vintage style tremolo...like this one:
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar_tremolos/Wilkinson_Gotoh_VSVG_Vintage_Tremolo.html
It keeps your guitar in tune pretty well, if you have a graphite nute, and even better if you get locking tuners.

Quote by Pacifica112J
I think Laces sound pretty bland.

Each to their own.
hipshot makes good fender style bridges.

and to do the finish, sand it down completely, and then use automotive paint and lacquer to get the finish to how you want. www.reranch101.com has some great tutorials.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
don't think so. As long as your guitar already had a vintage style tremolo, you should be okay. Try cleaning off the old bridge with Naptha, that should the rust off. If it's still functional, but just rusty, try and save some bucks, ya know?

im not sure what kind of tremolo the vintage style is, is it the one with the springs at the back of the body?

it really isnt very fUnctional, it was second hand when i got it 3 years ago and it was in poor shape then (first guitar )

and to do the finish, sand it down completely, and then use automotive paint and lacquer to get the finish to how you want. www.reranch101.com has some great tutorials.

so i just use white car paint and laquer? awesome i thought it might be more difficult

(btw the link doesnt work)

thanks for all the help so far people
Quote by GLP_Arclite
im not sure what kind of tremolo the vintage style is, is it the one with the springs at the back of the body?

it really isnt very fUnctional, it was second hand when i got it 3 years ago and it was in poor shape then (first guitar )

Pictures? Of the bridge up front, the guitar in general, and the cavity in the back?

Quote by GLP_Arclite
so i just use white car paint and laquer? awesome i thought it might be more difficult

(btw the link doesnt work)

thanks for all the help so far people

He means this link: http://reranch.com/basics.htm