Hey guys,

Just a small question. I'm looking for a new amp, and I'm dead set on a Laney GH50L, I love it to bits. The thing is, cleans are important to me, and I wasn't satisfied with just rolling down my guitar volume, it didn't sound how I wanted. I don't think I've got enough money to buy a combo just for cleans (are there any combos for around £250 that do good cleans?)

So here's my question - I have a Line 6 POD 2.0 and I quite like some of the clean settings on it. Would either of these solutions be possible?

1) A/B the POD straight into one of the speaker inputs on the cab?

2) A/B the POD into the "lo input" jack on the head?

if not,

3) Can you suggest an amp that does good cleans for around £250-300? (So far I'm looking at Fender Blues Junior and FM212R... Any good?)

Thanks!
Last edited by cam_rock at Feb 1, 2007,
Orange Tiny terror head. 15 watts of Orange cleans and its only £298 on GAK.co.uk

uses 2 x EL84 and 2 x 12AX7 valves. Can switch power output of 15 or 7-watts means full crunched valve tone is available regardless of the output volume. So yeah that would be the best imo
Is that a very clean tone? I want my cleans cleaner-than-clean, I'm not really looking for crunch... That sounds good though, I'll check that out, thanks