hey guys...
just tellin y'all that im seeing God on sunday...should be freakin awesome...ill try n snap some pictures and post em up for you...not sure about how good my seats are but they all close...hopefully he busts out a gibson or two...i know that he has played some gibsons on this tour just hope he brings em to melbourne for me...

ill post a thread with a report on the show as soon as i can...

-Hot 'Lanta
Nice I'd love to see him perform live...
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Watch him breeze through solos without breaking a sweat, its disgusting ;-)
I saw him a few years back at the crossroads tour, and if there is any guitarist that has like special powers from God, Claptons the one. Should be an interesting show, i don't remember him using a gibson then, but i heard that he does for some of these shows.
thats sweet im going on saturday. rod laver. clapton is god, i know it. do any of you know the band IMPEDED VIEW, they are opening for clappers.
I saw him last year, I was a bit let down to be honest.

But anyway, hope you have a good time.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by fronkpies

Really? I saw him in Manchester and I thought it was fantastic!

Anyway, enjoy it. I did.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.

I can see that happening. He doesn't place nearly as much emphasis on his playing as he used to. He relys a lot more on backup singers, and other musicians etc.

As a result some of his concerts can be kinda disappointing. (especially for guitarists)

Despite this, i'd still go to see him, if anything because it'd be a great experience. One of those things that you can check off on your life's "to do" list. Plus, on the occasions when he does break out into a solo it's always magnificent.

Cheers
-Falcatarius
im sure seeing him in the earlier stages of his career would have been much better but to see him at any stage will be AMAZING!!!...about the start up band...i didnt even know who the start up was until you mentioned it...on the gibson thing theres photos from gigs on this tour with him using a 335 and a very nice 59 Les paul...whos in the clapton band at the moment?? is Derek Trucks playing?? that ed be sweet
Quote by demez
thats sweet im going on saturday. rod laver. clapton is god, i know it. do any of you know the band IMPEDED VIEW, they are opening for clappers.

I am almost sure that Robert Cray is the opener for all the tours
All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.
-Mark Twain
His band right now is impressive:

Derek Trucks - Lead/Slide/Backup Guitar
Doyle Bramhall II (Did not impress me at all) - Lead/Rhythm
Willie Weaks - Bass
Steve Jordan (former drummer of John Mayer Trio; This guy can play) - Drummer

I can't remember the rest but it was a great show.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
^ I didn't reallly like Bramhall either when I saw him with Clapton, his tone/style of playing kind of got on my nerves.
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
He screwed up his first solo when I went. It's hard to be impressive when you are on stage with Robert Cray, Clapton and Derek Trucks but Doyle just annoys me. He can be a good back-up guitarist but not lead.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
Quote by TylerRRR
^ I didn't reallly like Bramhall either when I saw him with Clapton, his tone/style of playing kind of got on my nerves.

i have to disagree with you there. have you seen him on crossroads guitar festival cause hes good on that. in my opinion he is better than andy ferwhetherlow(spelling?)
American Fender Strat
1979 Marshall Superlead
Real Mccoy Wizard Wah
Robert Keeley Boss Tremolo
Euthymia Crucible Fuzz
Fulltone OCD+Deja Vibe
Line 6 DL4
Analogman BC108
Prescription C.O.B

Im a Single Coil man
Clapton's using a Gibson on this tour? A Les Paul (he used to play those back in his earlier days, didn't he?) That would rock...

Is Derek Trucks the opening act? I love the Derek Trucks Band, but if it's just him and his slide, that'll be nice enough. I'm seeing Clapton in March, can't wait!
"He has a woman's name and wears makeup. How original."
--Alice Cooper, on Marilyn Manson.
^ Expect a great performance from Cray, that man never ceases to amaze me.
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah