Boston city officials thought terrorist were attacking because they thought the mooninite posters meant there was a terrist atack or something. Here's the artical linkYahoo news Oh in case you didn't know the mooninites are from the aqua teen hunger force show.
Last edited by stratkat at Feb 1, 2007,
Wtf?
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Yay for ATHF!!! and the Mooninites
THE MOON RULES!!!
I'm gonna live forever and if I don't suceed i'll die trying.
Originally posted by Liberation
Damn. You win Master Shake. I am not worthy!
Yaaaaaaaaay... Such fun. =]
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most... - Ozzy Osbourne
Well you know what they say, "There's no such thing as bad publicity". Or something along those lines.

They claim to be really sorry about the whole incident, but inside they must be THRILLED (apart from the arrested ones...), because do you realise how much attention and publicity the film has now? Everyone knows about it, it's all over the news, it went with a bang. So audiences will be MUCH larger now than they would've already.

It's all clever marketing.
I didn't have a signature until now.
"It is outrageous, in a post 9/11 world, that a company would use this type of marketing scheme,"

--Mayor Thomas

What are they fucking stupid? Everything seems to be related to terrorism nowadays. People are so dumb.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Master Shake
Yay for ATHF!!! and the Mooninites
THE MOON RULES!!!

The quadlaser actually. Anyone who watches that show will hind this hysterical. I'm just imagining in my head people going around in white biohazard suits dismantling Moonites.
"Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see."

People can say anything is a sign of terroism these days.
now extra flamey
Quote by Karatwo
The quadlaser actually. Anyone who watches that show will hind this hysterical. I'm just imagining in my head people going around in white biohazard suits dismantling Moonites.

Yeah, I was wondering what the deal was when they had the apology all over AS last night...
Quote by Karatwo

I love those guys...although Oglethorpe is soo much cooler:

Oglethorpe: Cable? Pfffft. We have technology light years beyond your comprehension. Observe... the light stick!
[shakes a broken lamp around]
Oglethorpe: It's not working, Emory!
Emory: That's because you broke it on my head, dude.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by musicianamedave

I love those guys...although Oglethorpe is soo much cooler:

Oglethorpe: Cable? Pfffft. We have technology light years beyond your comprehension. Observe... the light stick!
[shakes a broken lamp around]
Oglethorpe: It's not working, Emory!
Emory: That's because you broke it on my head, dude.

Yeah I love the shit they do, especially the one where they were trying to cash a bill.
They weren't posters, as far as I know.

I heard they had mae little statue type things, actual models of the Mooninites, and placed them around the cities as ads.

The authorities didn't know what they were, so they got cautious.

I heard that on AOTS! last night.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
It's almost like I posted this exact thread yesterday, when it actually happened.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Your third demension, it's... cute.
oh really how many do you have
5...thousand
Well, I only see 2
Well that sounds like a personal problem.

That kills me every time.
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
Terrorist bomb:

Not terrorist bomb:

YOU do the math.
Quote by JewMasatFlex
astepabove for president?

Wanna buy a duck?
they are taking this too far. I can understand why there may be alarm yet trying to prosecute the guys 5 years for each device? It was humorous to watch the live interview about them only taking questions involving hair yet they should have stopped because it only made them out to be apathetical towards the fact that they may be charged with terrorists activities. A slap on the wrist is called for but nothing else.
I am from Boston and the two defendants were on my local news station. They refused to answer any questions except those about hair. It was freaking hilarious.
With a name like Yakult, it has to be good. Vote Yakult.

Member #11 of the "...Still Waiting for the Zombie
Holocaust" club. PM Smokey Amp

Roland Deschain of UG's Heroes and Villains Clubs.
that just shows how high strung america as a whole is. who would they even precive it as a terrorist theat? i guess it just proves that people are afraid of what they don't understand.
"It smells like semen and Vicks in here!"

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Join
Fight Club
"this is bob, bob has bitch tits"
Oh those youths and their antics.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
LOL L13K, t3h m00/\/1n1t35 pWn3l) t3h m4554chVs53++5!!!111!!EXCLAMATIONS!!!11

Who doesn't love the mooninites?
Quote by Nelsean
What are they fucking stupid? Everything seems to be related to terrorism nowadays. People are so dumb.

+1. The stupidity of some people here in the U.S. never ceases to amaze me.
Boston, Boston, Boston. What are we going to do with you? You give us good Hardcore bands, then you pull stupid shit like this. For shame. Go sit in the corner. You could have played nice and told the marketing agency responsible to take down the signs because the finger offended people, but nooooooo. You had to do it your way.

Try this on for size, Boston. Or, for fifty-nine cents more, try the super size.
Music is a weapon. Use it wisely.

"So retire the ships, the final voyage was his ..."

Quote by kaktusnpoop (on Norma Jean)
I think they use Botch guitars tuned to drop Botch.
Well I guess I kinda understand the worry, but this story is just too funny for me to feel worried. I also love ATHF, so I guess that helped.
Quote by Dæmönika
I'm afraid of you...MDoggDX316phobia

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Hype Man of the UG Hip
Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Quote by Karatwo

Did you mean to quote the guy under me
The moon rules is what they write/scratch on Carl's car, thats nothing to do with the deadly quadlaser?
I'm gonna live forever and if I don't suceed i'll die trying.
Originally posted by Liberation
Damn. You win Master Shake. I am not worthy!