hey guys!

is there such a Peavey Amp that's called Ultra Plus?
there's one near me and it's cheap (I think it's a discontinued one but I don't know)
If so Info's please and or linkies?
The Peavey Ultra was made in the early 90's I believe and is what the XXX and JSX were based off of. It's all tube, and comes in 60 and 120W models. From what I've read/heard it's the XXX minus the cosmetics (the Peavey Ultra is ugly as hell.)
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

^^

oh I see why it's so cheap then... (thinks about selling everything)
but can it do metal?
how many watts and whats the price? if its just near you,why not try and test it yourself to see what tones it has
^^

It's the head (the 120w)...
hmm it's almost $450 in US...
and it's almost like 10 minutes away from here...
but I'm not sure about the shop if they have it in...
The ultra plus is the closest thing peavey used to have compared to the Mesa Dual Rect. The thing is a monster, pick it up right away. Played one for a while, and I cover Killswitch Engage and other sick metal. The thing is amazing!
^^

alright then...
but I'm tore up...
I'm thinking of a new amp or a new guitar what should I go for?

for the amp I'm thinking of that one (Peavey Ultra Plus)
for the guitar I'm thinking of an (Ibanez RG)
Get the Peavey. You won't get a good Ibanez RG for $450 unless its a used RG5xx or RG7xx.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
^^

uhh maybe the RG350DX or the RG370
I still can't decide on these...
hmm... maybe I'll just replace my amp?
but I've just bought this one like a few months ago...
(A Carlsbro GLX100)
Quote by Archeo
^^

uhh maybe the RG350DX or the RG370
I still can't decide on these...
hmm... maybe I'll just replace my amp?
but I've just bought this one like a few months ago...
(A Carlsbro GLX100)

Don't get the RG370 or RG350 horrible edge3 trems and pickups aren't great either.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
^^

alright then the Peavey it is...
but heck my parents might not f***ing let me in for another amp...
Screw em, turn that gain up and start playing Slayer or something that would piss em off!
I have read many good reviews about that amp.but some suggest that you use an equalizer to cut its somewhat muddy yet harsh tone.look it up on google

what guitar do you have now?cause if you want a good sound,tone wise,get the amp.but if you're a regular guitar player,in The Philippines,then go for a better guitar
^^

well I can do that...

but I was thinking of selling my current amp too...
but I don't have a cab to use yet...
and cabs here cost a almost half of the Ultra for a low end one...

EDIT 1: I'm mainly getting sick of my set up now and the tone I'm getting...
and also my current amp also doesn't have that much gain...
If you get the head, Save up for a good cab as well. Possibly a Marshall. But, if you are just getting sick of your set up, maybe a combo with good distortion like, all ADVoxes, Nice tube marshalls, or try the new Line 6's, they have gain to spare most of the time.
^^

hmm...
I was thinking that if I sell my current Amp + DG - Stomp + Electric guitar
would be a little bit short for a Ultra and a 4x12...
for the cab I was thinking of the Laney LV412A with Celestion Rocket 50s...
that is not bad, but, maybe look into Kustom Quad cabs. For like 300 bucks you get a nice big cab with celestions and it is cheap. What is your current guitar?
^^

It's a shitty chinese LP knockoff...
but I'll repair my old guitar soon...
Yeah, and I just looked at your amp online, you might want to reconsider selling it. You could possibly change the tubes in the emulation preamps, if it has tube preamps, which I think it does. Otherwise get a Vox or a Peavey Valve King for good distortion.
^^

hmm...
I don't think it has...
but can I use this as a cab for example?
^^

hmm...
alright then thanks for the help man...

I'm off to bed...
I've got school for the next 2hrs or so...
i don't think the ultra plus' looks are bad at all. the lights illuminating the head change colors when you switch channels right? that's pretty awesome. and i thought the ultra plus was the predecessor to the 5150. either way, it's a winner.

also, all the ultra plus' i've come across on ebay are much less than $450. you should try to haggle it down with the seller.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (with EMG 81/85)
Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier Solo Head Series 2
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Lopo Line 2x12 Slant w/ WGS v30 clones
Boss MT-2
Danelectro Fish and Chips