I don't want to do any splitting, tapping, phasing, or series/parrallel bullcrap like that. i just got my 2 pickups wired in series. and i can't seem to find this anywhere.
my 5-way switch has 8 connectors on it. looks like a typical strat-style switch to me.
it's actually an ibanez RG guitar electronics.
what i want to do is have in position:
1. bridge pickup
2. completely off
3. neck and bridge
4. off
5. neck

the volume, tone, jack, and ground are already connected. basically i just need to know to which of those 8 connectors to solder the hot leads from the pickup. and then which connector goes to the volume and ground
whats the difference between off and completely off?

Quote by Black60Jack
WTF is a scale any way.

cuz the body isn't drilled for on/off switches. I'd RATHER it were that way, but its drilled for this switch that i have.
certainly if i could fill in that slot, and paint it to look seamless with the face of the body then i would do it, but i think it would never look good
>>Just use the slot. Drill em a bit, to make the switches fit. I've seen a lot of people do that.
>>
>>EDIT: Wait, why not just buy a 3-way blade switch?

but then i have that slot showing. and i want an OFF position in those 2 inbetween notches. and its the switch that i have already
_______

>>Those selections aren't possible with a standard 5way switch.

no, c'mon. its gotta be possible. there are only 2 things that are impossible: avoiding death, and breathing in outerspace without any kind of assisted aparatus
Last edited by sethp at Feb 1, 2007,
There are 5 way switches that can do that, but you don't have one.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Yeah that'd work. But for such simple switching, theres no point. There'd be two poles doing nothing, wasted.
These go to eleven...
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
Nope, impossible. Lol.

well, Mr JimPlaysGuitar, I have done the IMPOSSIBLE!!!
Not to steal the thread but I did figure out the positions on the Ibanez 5 way, took a shot in the dark and managed to get it perfect the first time, full coil tapping and all. If you want to know how its wired just say the word.
Carvin MTS 3200 Head
Avatar 4x12 (2 V30's and 2 G12-T75)
Last edited by notsofun at Feb 4, 2007,
Lol fixed that for you.
Carvin MTS 3200 Head
Avatar 4x12 (2 V30's and 2 G12-T75)
Notsofun, that's because your switch was ment for coiltapping, the threadstarter's switch is made for 3 pickups.

Wait... How can you have a standard 5 way switch if your guitar only has two pickups? Did you buy the 5-way, or does your guitar origionally have 3 pickups?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club