Page 1 of 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbAyahF_tfg&NR

His tone sucks in this video, and I was wondering why, and then I saw that he was plugged into a Fender Metalhead. Now this amp is almost legendarily bad on UG, but here's proof that even a pro like Yngwie can't make it sound good. He usually has amazing tone, but it sucks here. He also seems drunk as hell, as he's really sloppy, too. He's usually so clean.
yngwies tone sux anyways i hate him

Edit:damn he couldnt play in that video it sounded horrible
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
Last edited by rockstar mace at Feb 1, 2007,
Holy crap man.. that is awful!!! nothing worse than being at a party or summit trying to shred some in front of people on a crap amp... not like you can stop and explain!

Man that is soo bad tho!! Horrible!!
Haa, that tone sucks so much. And for some reason, he takes like three picks from the mic stand in the beginning
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Quote by rockstar mace
yngwies tone sux anyways i hate him

There's definatly a love hate thing goin on with yngwie! fair enuff tho.. he is definatly a chubby bighead.. just watch the G3 with him in!
holy shit thats the worst sound ive ever heard

Quote by Black60Jack
WTF is a scale any way.

Is he aiming for that 'herman lee with added treble' sound?
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by Holy Katana
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbAyahF_tfg&NR

His tone sucks in this video, and I was wondering why, and then I saw that he was plugged into a Fender Metalhead. Now this amp is almost legendarily bad on UG, but here's proof that even a pro like Yngwie can't make it sound good. He usually has amazing tone, but it sucks here. He also seems drunk as hell, as he's really sloppy, too. He's usually so clean.

HEY!! I love Yngwie's music, and you know what?

YOU KNOW WHAT??!!

I agree. The tone is too "thin", to much treble, it sounds like needles in your ear or something. And his performance sucked too. Oh well. He was a much better player in his younger days anyway, when he probably tried harder, now after so long it seems like he lost motivation.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Fack, what amp is that? That's awful...Yngwie is incredible, but that amp makes him sound like a complete guitar noob.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
He sounds like me if I could play better xD *points to Ibanez listed in his sig*
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Just goes to show.. when some1 says thier not used to ur amp.. they mean it!
The poor backing band.. they must have been so frikkin embarrassed after that show xD
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Mad Marius
HEY!! I love Yngwie's music, and you know what?

YOU KNOW WHAT??!!

I agree. The tone is too "thin", to much treble, it sounds like needles in your ear or something. And his performance sucked too. Oh well. He was a much better player in his younger days anyway, when he probably tried harder, now after so long it seems like he lost motivation.

Sorta, but he still kicks ass. He's almost as clean as Paul Gilbert, and he has a beautiful tone. It's just that his drunkenness and the Metalhead that made that performance bad.
I hate Yngwie, stupid asshole does nothing but show off his crappy, unprecise guitar playing. Show a REAL guitar player play through that amp, like Michael Akerfeldt and I garantee that it will sound good.

Michael Akerfeldt> Yngwie Malmsteen
Ow my freakin ears!

I have heard him so much better than this. I am a huge Yngwie Fan.

Argh! That amp is awful!

Kill it! Kill it!
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
I hate malsteem, I think he's an egotistical pratt...........but the die-hard malsteem fans have gotta admis that sounded like shit
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by Fiddelers elbow
I hate malsteem, I think he's an egotistical pratt...........but the die-hard malsteem fans have gotta admis that sounded like shit

I don't know why he has such an ego, he's not very precise in his playing and his tone sucks. Then again, I've always hated the "strat" tone, it's WAY too thin and pisses me off.
Quote by cockzit
I don't know why he has such an ego, he's not very precise in his playing and his tone sucks. Then again, I've always hated the "strat" tone, it's WAY too thin and pisses me off.

God, shut the fuck up, you elitist prick. I've only seen a handful of your posts, and you annoy me more than my little brother. It's unbelievable, your immature little "Emo Dies" club only furthers that annoyance.

Malmsteen had a horrible tone, but he is in no way "not very precise".
Quote by The Casualty
God, shut the fuck up, you elitist prick. I've only seen a handful of your posts, and you annoy me more than my little brother. It's unbelievable, your immature little "Emo Dies" club only furthers that annoyance.

Malmsteen had a horrible tone, but he is in no way "not very precise".

He's not precise at all, it's really sloppy like bad diarrhea. And how am I an elitist for saying Yngwie sucks? It's a proven fact that he doesn't even make music, yet his ego is too big for his head. Seriously, Yngwie is a f*cking asshat that doesn't deserve to live, just like you. Stupid Yngwie fanboys, there's nothing more irritating
Omg... he must've accidentally triggered the big head cheat. Can't say I like any of his monotonous (sp?) guitarplaying but that seemed even worse than usual.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by cockzit
He's not precise at all, it's really sloppy like bad diarrhea. And how am I an elitist for saying Yngwie sucks? It's a proven fact that he doesn't even make music, yet his ego is too big for his head. Seriously, Yngwie is a f*cking asshat that doesn't deserve to live, just like you. Stupid Yngwie fanboys, there's nothing more irritating

You're an idiot

Show me this 'proven fact'

Show me proof that he (and others) don't deserve to live
Quote by cockzit

I'm no fanboy. It's quite sad you're so pathetic, I'm not going to argue any further. So, I'll leave you to wallow in your own self-pity, you pathetic excuse of a human.
Quote by cockzit

You know, I've been posting in these forums for a while, and I've read some pretty retarded comments over the years, but this ranks in the top 5 easily.

Seriously, I'm surprised your skull doesn't implode from the vacuum in your head.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by cockzit

Yngwie is one of the cleanest shred guitarists, second only to Gilbert.

He doesn't deserve to live? You sound like an 13 year-old, and some of the shit you've posted reinforces that assumption.

Yngwie is a decent guitarist; he's not my favourite, but I do enjoy a lot of his work. I'm speaking from an objective point of view, something you've clearly never tried.

He doesn't make music? Is that why he has a massive fan base and has written some beautiful ballads?

The_Casualty shouldn't have even referred to you as an elitist, because at least elitists know - on some level - what they're talking about; you clearly don't know anything.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Sounded like he was putting his strings in a blender and hitting frappes.
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
Quote by Smokey Amp

Yngwie is one of the cleanest shred guitarists, second only to Gilbert.

He doesn't deserve to live? You sound like an 13 year-old, and some of the shit you've posted reinforces that assumption.

Yngwie is a decent guitarist; he's not my favourite, but I do enjoy a lot of his work. I'm speaking from an objective point of view, something you've clearly never tried.

He doesn't make music? Is that why he has a massive fan base and has written some beautiful ballads?

The_Casualty shouldn't have even referred to you as an elitist, because at least elitists know - on some level - what they're talking about; you clearly don't know anything.

<Omri> I love trannys too..
technically, malmsteen doesnt actually use single coils, but it weird when he says he swears by em
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
Ew.

But Yngwie's still a class A Shredder. He was sloppy but don't forget, that's a very new performance. Guitarists get sloppier in their age and especially when they haven't been practicing, which is evident in Yngwie.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Page 1 of 4