Hey, this is my latest song. It's even more chaotic than my last one, i hope it works... . It's definitely my most technical song ever... .

Tell me whay you think!

grtz
Attachments:
Apollyon.zip
Fucking awesome! I hope you guys come to Zeeuws-Vlaanderen some time. Keep up the good work.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
holy hell that was amazing. I never thought anyone could get more technical the necrophagist but this song did it. The solos were amazing but i would just count the hole song as a solo its so complex.

Amazing 10/10
dude, can you ACTUALLY play that?! how many fingers do you have?! anyway, very nice. If you can actually play that, you might make a good deal of money off of this song.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
well this music style definately isn't my thing, so i don't have many good things to say about it i'm afraid...

1. I'm just gonna say it, there is no way you are playing those 16th notes at 240 bpm on a guitar. I'm sorry but firstly what's the point in making this if you can't play it? It's not humanly possible for muscles to move fast enough to pick those notes. This kinda ruins it for me.

2. I can't get over the fact that this just sounds like random noise to me... it's so horrible discordiant (which is good in moderation) but not when it's flying all over the fretboard at 240 bmp. The drums serve no purpose other then giving me a headache....

3. The acoustic bit is MUCH better... good stuff - it sounds like a song! Why can't the rest be more like this! Except for the token arpeggio stuff at the end of the acoustic solo - which just ruins it....

4. Some of the riffs could be quite useful if put into a more structured song which is a bit less silly - this is just my feelings on the matter tho...

Sorry to be so negative!
I think it's a great song if you could actually play it. If you could I would bow down to you. I also really enoyed teh acoustic bit. I love how it's really brutal and chaotic but still holds some structure. Anyways, if you can play it horns way, WAY up.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
For the most part I don't like it, it seems very disorganised and as someone said earlier; 16ths at 240? It's not all that likely that you can play it.

The acoustic part was much more enjoyable to listen to and was impressed with that.

I dislike the lack of apparent structure. I could see the makings of a structure but I couldn't piece it together so much.

Sorry if I appear really negative, but I guess it's just not my sort of thing.

Crit mine? http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518104
Last edited by Ozy44 at Feb 4, 2007,
why does everyone think 16th notes at 240bpm is impossible. granted its difficult but keep in mind bands like cryptopsy play 16ths at 280bpm. anyway onto critting. This is the best song from you saddam. You never cease to amaze me but this is something else. and to those people who start there comment with "this is not my genre" or "i really dont like this style of music" just dont bother
hey, thx for all the comments, I appreciate it a lot! And about those 16th notes at 240, it's fast but not impossible, it's just tremolo picking..., as the guy above me said, lot's of tech death bands go way higher(like idd cryptopsy). But i won't lie to you guys, this one I can't play all of it yet, but that's just how i write, i challenge myself... . I never play (practice) anything besides my own songs, so i try to incorporate as much as possible in them, and create songs that may seem unplayable but aren't if you put your mind to it... .

anyway, again, thx for the comments!

grtz
Quote by *'-'*
and to those people who start there comment with "this is not my genre" or "i really dont like this style of music" just dont bother

That is the most disgusting comment I have ever seen on these forums. Pathetic.

This chap asked me for critisism after kinda offering some to my own song. It doesn't matter a **** what genre I prefer, I was just warning him before I commented on the song that I may be overly harsh due to my tastes. I tried to be fair in my comment - and I think I was.

You really need to rethink comments like that.
Quote by saddam
But i won't lie to you guys, this one I can't play all of it yet, but that's just how i write, i challenge myself... . I never play (practice) anything besides my own songs, so i try to incorporate as much as possible in them

I really respect that .... keep at it i'm sure it's possible... just very very hard! But yeah I think if it showed a "Bit" of organisation or structure it would be much easier to understand where the song is going, if you know what i mean?

The acoustic bit is great, i'd like to see more of this kinda thing!
Quote by Docaroo
That is the most disgusting comment I have ever seen on these forums. Pathetic.

This chap asked me for critisism after kinda offering some to my own song. It doesn't matter a **** what genre I prefer, I was just warning him before I commented on the song that I may be overly harsh due to my tastes. I tried to be fair in my comment - and I think I was.

You really need to rethink comments like that.

but... its kinda stupid for someone who's not into death metal to crit a death metal song because he's not going to like it regardless.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
saddam was kinda enough to crit my songs, and asked for a crit back which i will always do regardless of the kinda of song....

Whether or not i like the genre I think that at least 90% of my comments are relevant to the song, other people have also mirrored my views! The chap asked for a crit so that's what I'll do!
Guys, come on! I appreciate any comments, whether they come from a metal fan or not... . I'm not hoping on getting nothing but good comments on my songs, all I want is as many opinions as possible, from anyone... . Of course non death metal fans won't love my songs, but getting comments from them shows me opinions from different perspectives and I think that's important, because if I want my songs to be as good as possible I can use any kind of advice, regardless of who gives it to me... .
how do you write this stuff? Your songs keep getting better, faster, more technical and evil sounding with each one you write. I can definatly feel the cryptopsy/necrophagist/gorguts feel in this one, it works really well. And as you said its good that you write stuff to challenge yourself, when you can play it note perfect thats when you know you've come out a better guitarist. Keep it up-you and your band have the potential to become big in the genre of tech death imo.

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518584
honestly, I don't get songs like these. I'm into trash metal and whatnot but these riffs sound like they were put together on a random basis. Just tremolo pick the main root note like hell and add some random notes here and there and you got your main riff. Technically it's good and stuff, all the harmonizing sounds great but the piece itself has nothing to offer for me (except for the acoustic bit which was ok).
DAYUM. I really like your songs but I have to admit that on a full album they would kind of run into each other a bit.
Tiger style.
jesus christ... this is just amazing. undoubtedly ur best riffing so far, solos were amazing, maybe ease on teh sweeping, it sounds a little wankerish but thats 100% my opinion. fantastic. stellar. amazing. keep it up
MYSELF INFLUECE I

soo much n00bage
Quote by xX Maverick Xx
sorry to bust everyones bubble but lamb of god arent "hardcore" theyre death metal, and therefore metal.
Quote by *'-'*
why does everyone think 16th notes at 240bpm is impossible. granted its difficult but keep in mind bands like cryptopsy play 16ths at 280bpm. anyway onto critting. This is the best song from you saddam. You never cease to amaze me but this is something else. and to those people who start there comment with "this is not my genre" or "i really dont like this style of music" just dont bother

I agree with you Its a fast song but not as hard as everyone seems to think. Listen to any death metal for 10mins and youll see speeds like this arnt uncommon
One of the greatest tech death songs I have ever heard. And this is in MIDI. Seriously, if this was recorded, I would orgasm.
I have nothing to say.

That was a fantastic piece of tech death. Granted, it was hard to keep up with it at 240, but all the riffs and rhythmic stuff was so juicy... I loved that.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
amazing work on that, but I can't picture it as an actual song.
acoustic part was greatly done, loved the sweeps etc. but I can't really see any structure to the song. still, pretty darn well done man, fist up!