i plan on buyin this for $100. new. i was just wondering if you guys think this is really worth the money. i'm using the $100 off my monthly allowance so i'll be making some sacrifices once i buy this thing. also, if its possible, wat are some pros and cons for this?? thanx a bunch~
My Axes:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 Telecaster
Fender 62 Stratocaster
Fender American Standard Telecaster
what pros? Oh wait... Firewood..

Dont waiste your money man, save upto 250-300 and you could get a Vox ad or Roland cube. it will be worth it on the long run!
dont buy it!
youll have the first month or two fun,but after that,its just a shitty sound and everything!you cant get andy good metal sound out of it!!
get a good amp and a dist. pedal and delay/chrous pedal!!

pro:effects are not that bad,not too difficult
contra:dist. not good,sound not good..

try it in a shop
i'm not really aiming for metal sound~ well, i have a decent distortion pedal and a decent delay pedal~ i'm still waiting for more opinions but since there aren't much replies to this thread, i assume the vamp must be crap.
My Axes:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 Telecaster
Fender 62 Stratocaster
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Honestly I thought the Vamp 2 had just as good as high gain sounds as the Podxt. It really excels at that kind of sound.

I pulled mine back out after a year of sitting in the box, Ive been using a Vox ToneLab and a Digitech Rp350. I really think this thing is the champ out of those for metal & high gain. It can get a little muddy sounding but play with the eq and you'll be set man.

For a 100 bucks it kicks ass, not to mention the effects on it are top notch
I used one for about 4 years. It sounds good, particularly through a plain solid-state amp or through a computer for recording. Its technology is a little dated now and there are better, newer, units on the market but it's still a good unit, particularly for $99. It is essentially a reverse engineering of the original Line6 POD with a few extras. The two units sound almost exactly alike.

If you click on my sig link you can hear a lot of clips of it. About 80% of the clips for my website were recorded using it.
Yeah thats what I thought too it sounds just like the old POD. I always thought it did high gain sounds really well nice and full compared to some of the thinner sounding distortions ala Digitech,Korg ect ect...

Though I can't bag on digitech to much I love the RP350 its probably my favorite out of the multi efx pedals though the distortions aren't as power as the pods or vamps.