ok so me and my cousin are having a debate on which is better. A Gibson SG of an Epi Les Paul. So please help us out. They are both the standards we're talking bout and out of the box no custom changes.
*Gibson SG
*Fender Strat
*B.C. Rich NJ Series Mocking Bird

*Ibanez PF series acoustic
*Ibanez AE 30
Quote by Flea413
ok so me and my cousin are having a debate on which is better. A Gibson SG of an Epi Les Paul. So please help us out. They are both the standards we're talking bout and out of the box no custom changes.

SG BLATEZ what a silly silly question!!!
i know it's silly but that's wat he thinks... lol
*Gibson SG
*Fender Strat
*B.C. Rich NJ Series Mocking Bird

*Ibanez PF series acoustic
*Ibanez AE 30
I can't stand SG's so, I'm also asuming that this SG is a bottom end Gibson & the LP is a mid range version, I'd still rather have the LP.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
I can't stand SG's so, I'm also asuming that this SG is a bottom end Gibson & the LP is a mid range version, I'd still rather have the LP.

dude... im sorry... but he Clearly said that they were both standards...

what u have to consider is that the build quality on any gibson will definately out do any korean made epiphone. the quality of the materials used is just so much better
It comes down to preference. I have played some terribly made Gibson's and some really well made Epiphone's. It is a case by case thing.
if the epiphone had bareknuckle pickups in it from the money you saved then it would be better than an SG, even some Gibbo LP's

PSN ID: ArranP
stock.. id take the gibson sg. Its all mahogany, the hardware (not including tuners) is better than on the standard epi, and the pickups on the stock gibson are decent. The epi has a alder core.. and although looks very nice and plays pretty well to start off, falls apart after a couple of years. A hunk of mahogany will last a really long time.
Gear:

American Strat
Epiphone Valve JR head - Volume Mod'ed
Custom 1x12 with Private Jack speaker
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss DS-2 Distortion
Boss MT-2 MetalZone
Ebow

Gretsch Acoustic
I have a Gibson SG and a Epi LP. The Gibson is by far the better guitar. The sound, the playability, and the feel of a American made Gibson is 10 fold better than any Epi I have ever played. Also, the LP is about twice the weight of the SG. If you plan on playing for long period of time you might get a little tired of the weight of the LP.

Most of the Epi's I have seen have great paint and look nice, but that the only thing you get on a low end Epi. The low end Gibson has about 30 more hours of craftsmanship and attention to detail per guitar than the Epi, and it shows in the sound.

Good luck!
~ the early bird gets the worm, but its the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese...
although the SG is probably better, i've always been a sucker for anything that looks even relatively like a les pul.
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
i love epis, but the sg seems the better choice
|_1√3 1|\| yΩ|_|® \/\/®|_D 93+ p\/\/n3d 1|\| 1\/11|\|3

I Love to Drink Bawls!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Ya, i have an epi Lp, but I would likely take the SG just for the sake of it. I do love my LP though, and its not a standard.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
SG by far.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
The Gibson SG is a killer that kills any Epiphone guitar ever made!
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?