I have a Schecter C-1 FR...i've been thinking about getting DiMarzio Evolutions in the bridge and neck...

I play: John Petrucci, Yngwie Malmsteen, Avenged Sevenfold...and pretty much anything with tons of technical stuff...and was wondering everyones opinion on this..or maybe getting evos 2?

Any insite would be appreciated thanx.
I have found that the regular Evo's sound is much more brighter than the Evo 2's They're both good but I recommend the normal Evo's.

I have them myself and they kick ass
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind
i've had my eye on the mesa boogie line, my price range is under $600.

Quote by batman123
maybe you could buy a picture of one for 600, and just pretend for awhile...

I gotta go the other way on this one....I love the EVO 2's. If you wanna get idea of them just listen to some of Vai's latest stuff. Not to say he has much new out.
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Soap-Bar Maple II
Paul Reed Smith Santana
ProCo Solo, H20 Liquid Chorus

Thrash will never die
Petrucci uses an Air Norton in the neck. I'd opt for a Steves' special or perhaps a Breed in the bridge.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
the Evo 2's are not as OMG! as the originals so if you want to keep it slightly undercontrol get them. if you want complete insane get the origianl Evo. Breeds are more mellow and smoother than the Evo's.

I would get the Evo 2's but whatever floats your boat.

PSN ID: ArranP
i have the same guitar.....i love the stock EMG pickups. what don't you like about them?
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Quote by Mudder
Petrucci uses an Air Norton in the neck. I'd opt for a Steves' special or perhaps a Breed in the bridge.

Ya, and D Sonic in the Bridge. That's what Pup combo I have and it is amazing.
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
Stay away from the air nortons unless you want the ammount of overtones that come with it..

Just MO

I say Evo originals, or some other high otuptut ceramic amgnet pup, Also look at the SD custom 5
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
Quote by jerm__
i have the same guitar.....i love the stock EMG pickups. what don't you like about them?

well..i'm just not that big of a fan of EMGs. I only use Semour Duncans and Dimarzio pups normally..
Quote by davedoom
maybe a new amp first?

just sayin

Quote by Snowc0w
I just use a behringer gmx212 with a boss sd1 and compressor pedal inside.

i meant i play this inside ^..cuz my half stack is too loud for inside. lol.

I also have a Mesa Boogie Triple Rec. w/mesa cab.
Quote by Snowc0w
i meant i play this inside ^..cuz my half stack is too loud for inside. lol.

I also have a Mesa Boogie Triple Rec. w/mesa cab.

That triple-recto is pretty much too loud for anything.

(Rectoverb ftw!)
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I play my triple recto inside...
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
Quote by SGKIDD
I play my triple recto inside...

well..im 18 and a senior in HS..and i still live my parents, and they b**** about how loud it is, alot..
Im 18 live at home , out of hight school, and my parents are very supportive of my playing.

Get better parents?

Well any how, perhaps your answer is to buy an attenuator and keep that recto cranked but whisper soft volumes VIA attenuator.
Mail Goes here.

Quote by SGKIDD
Im 18 live at home , out of hight school, and my parents are very supportive of my playing.

Get better parents?

Well any how, perhaps your answer is to buy an attenuator and keep that recto cranked but whisper soft volumes VIA attenuator.

My parents are very supportive of my playing as well..however..they just get tired of me playing 5-8 hours everyday..yes, i really do play that much.
Well My rents dont care. However I wills ay this, attenuator. again, attenuator.

Get one.
Mail Goes here.

Quote by SGKIDD
Well My rents dont care. However I wills ay this, attenuator. again, attenuator.

Get one.

okay..i wish my rents didnt care...but yeah..ill prolly end up getting one.
Damn you guys have really cool parents........ my parents won't let buy anything before I go to College..... the last thing they bought me was a Cube60 !!!

They also said that I have to prove to them that I'm a good guitarist but practicing alot....

But they always get mad at me after I practice for a maximum of 3 hours !!!!

DAmn, and they let my sister double-kick her drum set for days......... LOUD !!!

Anyway, what about that Air Norton overtoney thing again ??
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by davedoom
maybe a new amp first?

just sayin

thats what i was about to say.
everyone! avoid line 6 and behringer
Quote by ollie09
thats what i was about to say.
everyone! avoid line 6 and behringer

Readddddd theee wholeeee threeeeeaddddddddd.

He has a triple recto already.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.