Would an electro acoustic sound good through a distortion pedal? Because I like to play music by Opeth and Death etc. and if it does then it would be really handy although I haven't been able to try it out yet, so has anyone else tried it and if so what was it like?
EDIT:Alternatively I could just use an acoustic FX pedal on my electric guitar but I still want to know what the above combination would sound like.

You might not think this post belongs in the sub-forum but I looked at them all and couldn't see where else it would fit.
On the TV, they said Krakatoa erupted at a rate of around 350mph as if thats fast.. they obviously hadn't seen Van Halen's Eruption.
Last edited by alexgmcm at Feb 1, 2007,
well, i would work, but the feedback would be a total pain. the tone would be very different to.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Interesting question. I don't know - never tried it.

But regardless, I get the feeling that acoustic modeling with a solid-body electric would be more practical.
Jackson JS30KE
Roland Cube 30
For what it's worth, I've tried something similar. I put an electric kazoo (which for this purpose behaves just like a piezo pickup) into a nylon-strung acoustic, and plugged it into my Toneport. It sounded pretty interesting with high-gain settings, with a unique sound to it. Definitely something to keep in mind when looking for new sounds.

The best way to see if you like it, though, would be to try it yourself.

Quote by Doodleface
well, i would work, but the feedback would be a total pain. the tone would be very different to.

Most electroacoustics come with piezo pickups, though, which don't have feedback problems.
I use distortion on my acoustic sometimes, cuz im getting my ibanez fixed, but the feedback sucks,
Guitars-
Schecter S-1 Elite
Fender MIM Strat
Epiphone SG Faded
Epiphone Sheraton II

Amps-
Peavey Valveking 212

Pedals-
Dunlop CryBaby
Boss NS-2
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

CHECK OUT MY BAND AT http://www.myspace.com/noneofusalone
Ive done this before since i dont really like my own solid body electric, okay yeah the feedback gets awful, but there is ways of fixing it, try not to face the amplifier or lower the highs in the electroacoustic eq (most come with one) and that will fix the problem in most cases (:

Quote by static_music34
your guitar doesn't exist, apparently

good one...
:Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1
Fender Stratacoustic
Bugera Vintage 5