what is the definition of indie music?
Member of
The UG Asian Invasion!
Pm night_lights to join the hallowed Asian ranks (Over 2000members)

Darth Maul in the Star Wars universe, PM Zeppelinpage4 to join the Empire, PM Sethmegadefan to join the Rebellion
originally it meant music signed to independant record labels

these days it means music inspired by the sort of music which was signed to independant record labels.

ie: singer that cant sing properly, rhythm guitar based, very casual lyrical style, etc
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
But seriously...

Indie rock began as a form of rock music performed by bands who never cared much for being rich and famous, but rather preferred to make music that they wanted to create, usually with their own original, unique, and distinctive sound. It used to be a form of music you could listen to when you were tired of hearing the same bands on TV all the time who all sound the same.

Now, so called "Indie rock" is almost exactly the opposite of what it was intended to be.

And you can thank Fuse for that.
I think it means use the search button????

sorry but i've seen the same thead on here before.
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Quote by Powerhouse
...said the user with the Creed icon.

, ****ING PWNED.

But yeah, just go to the indie forum.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Quote by Vedder=GOD
Well Constantine - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/member.php?u=240945

Says my music is indie. My music is...

Pearl Jam, Alice in chains, Black label society, Pantera, Rage against the machine,Faith No More,Temple Of The Dog,Stone Temple Pilots.

Yar verry indie . Yeh hes a dumbass!

Your music is good.

I would personally say that indie is probably somewhere between pop and general rock, but based on bands that are classed as indie now, there is a huge variation. Just look at how different Radiohead are to the Fratellis...
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Quote by flambe chicken
Your music is good.

I would personally say that indie is probably somewhere between pop and general rock, but based on bands that are classed as indie now, there is a huge variation. Just look at how different Radiohead are to the Fratellis...

Thanks. Also Radiohead are the biz.
my cousin is in a few indie bands. Let's just put it this way: he's weird as hell and he has a second job.
Indie music is actually any band owned by an indipendant record label.

Although people call a lot of this new crap "indie".
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I thought indie was just shit bands that can't get proper record deals.
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
Usually bands that care about music, and not for the money and fame, are Indie Bands. The music is sort of a Rock style pop music.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
'If you fall out of that tree and break your legs, don't come running to me!'
indie isnt a genre.

indie is a circumstance.

haha, this reminds me of a person i talked to a few days ago.

Me: indie isn't a genre.
Her: bullshit.
Me: elaborate. i'll prove you wrong.
Her: indie is music with acoustic guitars, slow lyrics, and a meaning.
Me: you're pretty dumb.

or another.

Girl: i like indie.
Me: i like music.
Girl: yeah, but i like indie music only.
Me: cool? like what?
Girl: hellogoodbye.
Me: please go slice your ear off.

moral of the story, girls dont know shit about music.
Quote by flambe chicken
Your music is good.

Yeah. Radiohead is good.
<Han> I love Hitler
Indie music is called so because of the classical influences drawn from the Indiana Jones trilogy soundtrack.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by The Leader
Indie music is called so because of the classical influences drawn from the Indiana Jones trilogy soundtrack.

+1
DANK MEMES
Quote by Jawkster
Quote by The Leader

+1
you guys *are* joking, right?
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Quote by jeowy
you guys *are* joking, right?

No that is the correct definition of indie music.
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Stagg Strat (With replaced hardware and a Duncan Invader )
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Wires and patch cords and stuff..