I was talking to one of my friends about buying a Marshall TSL, but she said that I should definantly buy a Mesa Boogie. I'm looking for a high gain tube amp or combo or head. How much are Mesa's? I can't find them anywhere online. Also, I don't have a guitar center within four hours of my house.
for a high-gain one. go for Double or Triple Rectifier.

and there pretty expensive.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Mesa's do not get sold online, that's just how it is. You will need to go to a shop or look for one secondhand off the internet, like ebay. They are a little expensive too, but I think worth the price so be prepared to scrounge a little extra cash.

For the sound you want I'd check out a Dual or Triple Rectifier or the Stiletto Deuce or Trident.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
theyre very good amps, but they start at around (i think over) 1000 USD, and thats for the single rec.
Quote by that1l)ude
theyre very good amps, but they start at around (i think over) 1000 USD, and thats for the single rec.

Around $1800*
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Last edited by chase312 at Feb 11, 2007,
Quote by JesusLives
How much are Mesa's? I can't find them anywhere online. Also, I don't have a guitar center within four hours of my house.

Depending on the size/model, they're pretty damn expensive. You'll have to phone around to your local music shops and see if the stock them. Not all stores do. Check the used market, too - eBay, Craig's List. Sometimes you can find a deal that way.

I prefer Mesa to Marshall myself, but it's a personal choice. I'd advise you to try as many amps as you can before making your decision.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Always buy used. Always. One more time for those in the back. USED.

You can find single recs in the $750-900 range, MkIII in the same range, MkIV more like $1200, Dual and trip recs start around $1200 and go up, Lonestars similar to MkIV, Road King much more.

Considering a TSL will run around $1000 used you'd have to play and see which one you like the tones of more. Frankly for $1000 I'd go with the MkIII.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
If you're considering spending money on higher end gear like that, you should ideally try it out beforehand or at least hear it in some form or other, as opposed to blindly asking on the internet, even if it is a long journey to test it.

Sure beats ordering something then being disappointed and unhappy with your purchase.
Yeah dude. Honestly stuff like that is just too expensive and whatnot to just buy because people say theyre good.

Id say to just go for the TSL. Its less expensive and way more user friendly.
OK there is a mesa dealer near by you within 100 miles. Mesa Has a brilliant strategy to their amps. They dont sell online which makes obtaining one harder. and they dont flood the market like Marshall and others. They only allow 1 dealer in a 200 mile radius. Saying that thier is a Mesa Dealer near you probably closer than you think. Go to their site and look at their dealer list
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by pity tha' foo'
If you're considering spending money on higher end gear like that, you should ideally try it out beforehand or at least hear it in some form or other, as opposed to blindly asking on the internet, even if it is a long journey to test it.

Sure beats ordering something then being disappointed and unhappy with your purchase.

Yeah, I know. I just want to make the trip of I'm wasting my time. There's no point in going if I know ahead of time that they don't have what I'm looking for.
Mesa don't sell online? That's crap... I see them everywhere on the internet brand new in shops...
Quote by Syn Harvest
OK there is a mesa dealer near by you within 100 miles. Mesa Has a brilliant strategy to their amps. They dont sell online which makes obtaining one harder. and they dont flood the market like Marshall and others. They only allow 1 dealer in a 200 mile radius. Saying that thier is a Mesa Dealer near you probably closer than you think. Go to their site and look at their dealer list

Not quite true.

Its true that a lot of companies allow only one store to sell a certain product within an amount of space...but not 200 miles.

I sell Behringer products, Hughes and Kettner, Ibanez, LTD, Fender, Sermour Duncan, Dimarzio, Marshall..etc. at my shop - and theres another shop about 10 miles away that carries all those same things.

Mesa deals to that 'other shop' and also the Guitar Center thats only about 30 miles away.

I think it has a bit to do with how well a product sells at a shop.