The other guitarist in my band is going to buy a Peacy 6505 with an ashdown cab from his guitar teacher for £500 (!!) and I thought I'd check with UG wether this is a good deal but seen as the 6505 is £650-odd new im answering my own question.

If it wasn't for me he was gonna buy a marshall AVT 150 or MG or something because he's a "Marshall Man" but now im stuck with a Valveking im regretting getting and he gets a beast of an amp for that price....
Hahaha.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
roll on the floor laugh'd

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 Cab
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus

time is like a fuse; short and burning fast -- James Hetfield
^I have a lot of times.
(Not from UG tho...)
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
OLTS.

Sorry, but it does.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
It's all about getting the best deal you can. I've had some killer deals on my equipment ^__^ All about either:

a) having a good rapor with a shop

b) knowing someone who knows someone, who once met someone, who possibly is brothers with someone who works at [insert guitar company hear].
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Lol, Pwnd by Peavey.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Firstly, AHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHA! IN YOUR FACE BITCH. But yeah, that blows. You're going to have to crank that valveking or else he will bury you. Might wanna change the speakers in that lil' guy.
Quote by sam i am
The other guitarist in my band is going to buy a Peacy 6505 with an ashdown cab from his guitar teacher for £500 (!!) and I thought I'd check with UG wether this is a good deal but seen as the 6505 is £650-odd new im answering my own question.

If it wasn't for me he was gonna buy a marshall AVT 150 or MG or something because he's a "Marshall Man" but now im stuck with a Valveking im regretting getting and he gets a beast of an amp for that price....

Here's a good idea... [removed cos not only was it a bit rude... wasnt funny either]

It's life, face it. And get a job

EDIT: The first suggestion may have been kinda harsh :/ Nobody likes that game....

EDIT2: I really don't know why I said that....
Last edited by Untitled001 at Feb 1, 2007,
Quote by TehJermie
Firstly, AHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHA! IN YOUR FACE BITCH. But yeah, that blows. You're going to have to crank that valveking or else he will bury you. Might wanna change the speakers in that lil' guy.

Yeah, out of interest, how much would new speakers cost, and how easy are they to replace?
Quote by AdamDK
LOL! I feel sorry for you dude. But it's life. Get on with it.

Yeah I will, but I felt like a rant.

Anyway, knowing him he'll run his Boss DS-2 into it instead of using the amp distortion
Quote by sam i am
Yeah, out of interest, how much would new speakers cost, and how easy are they to replace?

The new eminences are fairly cheap and go from 40-100+ dollars(US). The patriot and the redcoat lines have been getting a lot of attention lately, they sound great. Depending on the amp, you might just be able to pop them in, or you may have to solder. I'd recommend mixing two different ones for some better tones out of the VK.
seriously, what's wrong with the valveking?

maybe you just need better speakers. (or more speakers.)
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.