In your opinion, what do you consider a thick neck? the guitar thats on its way to my house is 19mm, and i was wondering if its gunna be thick or not. how thick is the neck on say a (good) strat or tele?
Strat necks are not "thick" IMO. the ones I (and many others) consider thick are the Les Paul necks. Look up their dimensions and compare with yours.

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 Cab
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus

time is like a fuse; short and burning fast -- James Hetfield
Quote by emperor_black
Strat necks are not "thick" IMO. the ones I (and many others) consider thick are the Les Paul necks. Look up their dimensions and compare with yours.

I tend to think that tele necks are fatter feeling than Les Pauls.
the lesser known of the 4
Well i know the strats/teles neck are really thin, in comparison to say LPs or BCRiches, thats why i wanted a comparison., cuz i knew they were like the thinest of thins.... if i make any snese... lol i guess im off to fenders site!
Try to avoid going off of dimensions only. The neck shape (contour) lends a little to the thick "feeling" of the neck.
It's so crazy in here you're gonna wish it wasn't so crazy in here!

1995 PRS CE
Fender 50s Classic Player strat
Johnson Millenium 150
Boss GT-6
The only thing i can find is a neck thickness of 19.6mm on a strat. more specifically 19.558mm. so i guess this is a think neck... another model i looked at was 17mm, that must be mega thin!

*oh and by the way, these are all measurements at the first fret, at the 21st fret theres usually a 2mm difference.
Well i like a 'c' and 'd' shape, a 'u' isnt too bad either, but 'v' is horrible. Also, new question now thats its been braught up, what shape would the neck be called if the back was sanded down flat?
yeah tele's and nocasters tend to have logs for necks. can't stand it.
DETHKLOK RULZ!
Quote by Pizzapotamus
yeah tele's and nocasters tend to have logs for necks. can't stand it.

WTF ru talking about?