i played one of these recently at the local guitar center i was wondering if anyone has one and could tell me if its worth 299 ... i just need a new amp for recreational playing and pracitcing in my room and such
if you ask me, the cube 30 is loads better. It has most of the effects the spider does, the cleans are great on the cube, and the distortion is awesome!, its even cheaper

and the spider sounds very digital
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

i got a spider 3 30 and its awsome. not "digital at all. although i dont see anyone needing 75 watts for bedroom practice
You should consider a Valveking or something, far better tone.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Kurapica
You should consider a Valveking or something, far better tone.

its way too loud for bedroom practicing, and i think the tone is shitty and the reliability sucks
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

that amps wortha grand in my opinion. the 75 and + watt spider III comes with all those bad ass presets. limitless possiblities.
i liked the effects on it though.. any recomendations for an amp with a variety of effects in the same price range or lower that sounds good
IMO Spiders are pretty good for cheap practice amps. They sound better than cubes and MG's to me. However, you can get some better amps by saving a bit. Whats your price range and what do you play?
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
its way too loud for bedroom practicing, and i think the tone is shitty and the reliability sucks

I think the tone is a million times better than the Line 6.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
price range is around 300 i play a large variety of stuff mostly metal and alternative rock im starting to get more into jazz and blues thats why im looking for something that has many effects and variations so i can play a lot of diff genres
price range is around 300 i play a large variety of stuff mostly metal and alternative rock im starting to get more into jazz and blues thats why im looking for something that has many effects and variations so i can play a lot of diff genres

If you want to explore jazz and blues then you want an amp that has tone - all spiders do is a fizzy mess. They sound digital and fake, with an odd quality to most of the distortion settings and a harsh, brittle midrange. Tube amps like the valveking sound best cranked it's true, but they don't sound bad at low volumes, just not as great. I don't know what your current amp is but something like the spider isn't an upgrade, it's still a beginner amp...the higher wattage models are just a loud beginners amp, the tone doesn't stand up to high volumes and you'd never gig with one.

that amps wortha grand in my opinion. the 75 and + watt spider III comes with all those bad ass presets. limitless possiblities.

Ignore the Line 6 hype about 400 presets, it's all bollocks. All that does is breed players who can't use an amp. Between your guitar's volume and tone controls, your amp's eq and gain controls and your hands you already have an infinite number of tonal possibilities regardless. All something like the spider does is make you dependent on your amp to find your tone when you should be using your ears.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Feb 1, 2007,
Well for that price the Spider3 is good. Also the Vox AD30VT, but it has less gain.
-Jimi Hendrix
thanks for all the help steven any suggestions on an amp around the same price range that has a variety of sounds?
the fact that you play metal makes it hard. without that, i'd recommend a fender blues junior hands down.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
the fact that you play metal makes it hard. without that, i'd recommend a fender blues junior hands down.

Same but his best choices for under $300 are the Line6 Spider 3 75 or a Vox AD30VT.
-Jimi Hendrix