ok i know a few scales and i know im going to sound like a noob but how do i use them are they just to increase your finger strength and independence ?
any help appreciated
there good for improvising, and thats about it
if you want to get into the structure of chords, they help too...but....
yea
only for improvising really
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
Quote by Chickenfrmheck
there good for improvising, and thats about it
if you want to get into the structure of chords, they help too...but....
yea
only for improvising really

yea i get that its just do all the notes with the scale fit together exactly if u played a solo jumbleing the formation? asin like the fourth note from major scale then 2nd note etc
scales serve MANY purposes. first of all, all scales are consonant in nature to one degree or another (in that they sound consonant, not dissonant in nature, or more so generally pleasing to the ear). they also serve to define the chords within the scales. most music is comprised of scales in way or another. they are good for improvising but also for providing a basic foundation for the knowledge of learning music as well. scales are but one part of a very basic foundation that one needs to know to start learning music theory. there are SOOOO many uses for them, but i don't have the time to write a 10 page dissertation on it. maybe one of the mods BGC or EK can throw some more uses in.
Quote by z4twenny
maybe one of the mods BGC

I'm actually not a mod.

But I have posted many things regarding modes and how they are used, so perhaps the threadstarter should search through mu posts and find something about that.

To make things easy, just click on my username (right above "Agent Zero" and my avatar) and then click "search." If you have questions, please don't post in the thread that has confused you. Please post in this thread or make a new thread if it's completely unrelated.
^ maybe not a "Mod" (anymore, i think you were at some point and time) but yer d@mn informative and accurate, which is close enough imo.
Quote by z4twenny
i think you were at some point and time
I wasn't. Unless it was during "The Event" during the summer, but I don't think something like that happened.

Quote by z4twenny
but yer d@mn informative and accurate, which is close enough imo.
Thanks.