no stories myself...but kudos to thetoastinator for his sweet axe (i have a splatter strat too), and i don't know anyone else that has one.
Guitars
"Dakota" - Fender Splatter Strat
"Jacqueline" - Maton CW80
Sold my EMGs on ebay...someone bought em' the next day.

Made an easy 100USD there.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
87 Les Paul Custom in Tobacco burst for 1500 shipped. Best guitar I've ever played.
I didn't buy it (was so close though) there was a fender Japanese strat in my local guitar shop, it was in white, rosewood fretboard, stock pickups with a SD hotrail in the neck (same as the dud up there ^) I was so close to buying it.
peavey transtube special 212, 200 bucks.
edit: not a great deal, but i got my ibanez rg170dx for 140 new, that's 100 off the musician's friend price.
Last edited by i'm a noob at Feb 1, 2007,
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Fender American Series Stratocaster
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Amp

Rock, Jazz, Blues, and Funk
Vox ad60vt for $375
Member of the Matt Bellamy > Shred Club! PM Aidy Damage or Metallica708 to join!
some strat copy really bad.......................................$80AU
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
I got an old Rocktek chorus pedal from eBay for $0.99 (+$4 US shipping + $25 international shipping). The listing said the pedal might not work, but I figured if it didn't I could fix it up. It works just fine, though, and $30 is way less than I would've paid for a chorus pedal in a music shop.
Last Christmas I had went and picked out a Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany for $899 and was going to keep it. So i had gone home and got on ebay and typed in Joe Perry, and i saw A Epiphone Joe Perry Boneyard for $500 dollars (normal retail is 800) with a Gibson Historic Shop Case, i immediatley returned the Gibson and bought the Epiphone. Best decision i ever made.
Quote by VRGNR08
Last Christmas I had went and picked out a Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany for $899 and was going to keep it. So i had gone home and got on ebay and typed in Joe Perry, and i saw A Epiphone Joe Perry Boneyard for $500 dollars (normal retail is 800) with a Gibson Historic Shop Case, i immediatley returned the Gibson and bought the Epiphone. Best decision i ever made.

so, you basically downgraded?
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
I bought my first guitar off Ebay. Ibanez GRG170DX, brand new for 100 quid. Bargain.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Brand new Peavey XXX, $550 CDN shipped .
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
120 watt tube head and a 6x12 cab from the early 70s, got it at my local vintage guitar/gear shop for $300, sounds awesome too.

Quote by IndieMetalhead
so, you basically downgraded?

nah it say quality wise those are about equal, at least if you pt better pups in the epi.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
craigslist (similar to ebay)

i got a 4x12 custom made with peavey black widows (made for previous owner) for 150$.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
I've bought and sold many things on ebay. Probably the best deal I've had to date was this Dean ML XT plus OHSC ...

I got it with a case for $150 plus $25 shipping. I had it for about 4 months. Stock pickups actually rocked hard, but I installed EMGs anyway. Didn't like the sound with activ epickups and went with some Duncans that sounde dgreat. But in the end, I just didn't like the feel of the guitar, so tried to resell it on ebay twice with not a single bidder.

So, I parted out and sold the parts on ebay, all with no reserve... Got $125 for the body, 25 for the tuners 110 for the neck, and 90 for the tremolo. And I still had the case and pickups left over. Both went towards the Warmoth V I had just finished assembling...

That was a pretty sweet deal right there.. I ended up making gettnig my $175 back, making $175, plus getting a case (that fit my V perfectly) and extra pickups out of it.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Last edited by Crunchmeister at Feb 2, 2007,
swapped my Ipod for an Ibanez 170dx, behringer amp and a hiscox liteflite hard case on Swapz (like ebay but for swapping)
My little brothers guitar that my parents gave me for christmas since he doesn't play anymore was 250 bucks at our local music store. I thought that was an awesome deal since the guitar was probably about 350 bucks new (or so I was told, it's a 2001 kramer, their guitars are normally pretty cheap, and all they make is crap nowadays).

It had seymour duncans, an original floyd, gotoh tuners, and was what I thought to be a set neck.

About two days ago, my friend got curious about the guitar and started looking for it online (I was never able to find it), well he did eventually find it. It happens to be the best guitar kramer has ever made since gibson bought it. It's a reissue of the old (awesome) kramer baretta called the baretta 2 pro. It was about 600 dollars new (still an excellent price) and is actually a thru-neck. I already had an american strat (800 dollar guitar when I bought mine, I think they go for somewhere in the 900's now) and I notice more and more that I'm playing that less and less and playing my 250 dollar (used) korean kramer more and more!
Mesa MK III C+ Blue stripe for 300 bucks. Needs new tubes and rebiasing though.
My Band

Equipment:
ESP EC-500 EMG 81/85
Mesa Boogie MK III
Marshall 1960B cab
^nice!
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
My friend got an epiphone bob marley les paul with the hemp gig bag from a friend for $40. Its like new its got like one dent and it needed new strings and thats like $460 off what it costs new no one believed him when he told them about it until he brought it to school and everyone got to play it.
I'm still looking for a jcm 800 combo...NOBODY WANTS TO SHIP OUTSIDE OF THE MAINLAND USA.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Im left handed. I was browsing ebay for weeks for an Ibanez Roadstar II, but I couldnt find any left handed versions. So, I thought "maybe I could find a cheap one and convert it into a lefty" Just by luck, I found a 1986 RG140--left handed , but it wasnt listed (in the title and description) as being left handed (but the pictures obviosly showed it to be left handed). I placed a bid and got it for a $100 because no one else put a bid on it. I checked the relist price for it and it was about $300.
Non sunt in celi
quia fuccant uuiuys of heli

--Flen flyys
Quote by edg
I got an absolutely SWEET 1974 Gibson L5S off of ebay for what really amounted to
a steal.

I later discovered this guitar was brokered for a pretty well known Chicago Jazz
Player -- Fareed Haque (http://www.fareed.com/news.html).

Here's a pic of him playing it.

Fareed! I took a short class with him at Northern Illinois University, I believe he is the jazz instructor there. Great player.