Hi

I am quite busy learning the Enter Sandman solo and I think that after a little month I finally got the first half down, but I'm not so sure about it... It is my first real solo.

Please tell me what you think and what exactly I should improve!

http://www.zippyvideos.com/9890911796600836/video_6/

Thank you very much in advance

Update: http://www.zippyvideos.com/8415840006617076/video_11/
Last edited by Cizzie at Feb 5, 2007,
Sounds like some of the bends are out of tune....And some of thhe strings kinda sound like it..It could be your intonation though.
first off, you should improve your tone man. i dunno if it just sounds bad cuz of the camera, but maybe soem reverb and a lil more gain. Also, work on those bends! make sure your bending to hit the correct note. practice those and the solo will sound more professional
Sorry, but its plain terrible

Honestly, improve EVERYTHING. I could prob do better than that, and I dont even play metal.
your getting there, your bends sound a lil off, i have the same problem. im bending either too much or not enough. keep practicing and you'll be posting the whole thing in no time good job anyways tho
despite what everyone says you doing a great job!
honestly i've never seen a 15 yo girl playing the guitar like that!
and you only play serious for 8 months! keep it up girl!

im working on that solo too, im just waiting for my wah pedal
to arrive from usa and than ill post it :-)
My Stuff:

92' Epiphone Les Paul standard plus
V-AMP2
peavey rage 158 15w
aph-1 alnico II pro pickups
slash sw-95 wah pedal

My Soundclick
Last edited by slash_no_1 at Feb 2, 2007,
Work on your bends, but other than that you got it pretty good. Your use of the Wah sounds very much like the album does.

Rock on Cis
Thanks Joe !

and slash_no_1, little misunderstanding there I think I have been playing for almost 20 months, but only serious for about 8 months now. And I'm looking forward to your Enter Sandman solo!!
better :-)
please continue this solo!
My Stuff:

92' Epiphone Les Paul standard plus
V-AMP2
peavey rage 158 15w
aph-1 alnico II pro pickups
slash sw-95 wah pedal

My Soundclick
Allright, I'm happy it is better now!
So shall I start learning the other half now?
Quote by Cizzie
Allright, I'm happy it is better now!
So shall I start learning the other half now?

I suggest to break up the solo by piece, and practice each one about 5-10 minute or the time you think is necessary.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
I thought the second version was much better. Keep up the good work. I wish I started playing when I was your age, I might actually be decent by now. Anyway, keep going on the solo. I thought your tone was pretty good. You kept great time on every part. Strong work. 8/10 from me.

Would you mind taking a listen to my version of Plush?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518105
Light is faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote by Scott3229
if i wanted to get brain washed and then throw all my money away, id go to church

"I see, you've been blinded by what you believe" Sully Erna
Quote by El Cumanés
I suggest to break up the solo by piece, and practice each one about 5-10 minute or the time you think is necessary.

Yes, I am planning on learning it part by part. I already know the licks but not the other part and the ending yet, I keep forgetting which note comes next on those parts , practising it over and over again will solve it I think.

But were my bends really good on the last video? I'm still not sure, it doesn't sound as flashy as Hammett, but I'm not Hammett ( )...
The bends still need a little work. With the sound coming from the video recording, it is not the greatest quality. Get yourself a recording program like Audacity, or Garage Band or Cubase and you will find it captures your playing a lot better.
Light is faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote by Scott3229
if i wanted to get brain washed and then throw all my money away, id go to church

Allright I downloaded Audacity, but I'm still using the same mic, my webcam mic so how can the sound be better? I'll give it a try anywho. And about the bends, should I push up the strings higher?
Put the mic about 4-6 inches from the center speaker on your amp. The bends should go just a little higher. And make sure you have plenty of gain on your amp. Have fun.

Quote by Scott3229

Allright thanks a bunch.. but.. my amp is on the other side of the room and it's not that simple to carry it over here and stuff.. so I think I'll leave it this way.
And I'll work on them damn bends!!
You have to workout your bendings, there's a part of the solo where you need to bend the 15th fret of B string and play the 12th fret of low E string, you need to bend faster that part.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS