Okay, 3 weeks ago i ordered an ESP ltd f-250 from this guitar shop about a half hour drive from my house. the guy said it would take between 1 - 2 weeks to get ordered in.. well its been about 3 weeks and still no guitar. but the guy also said it could take up to 2 months to get delivered!! i figure hes just saying that because the guitar shop probly doesn't want to send out an order for one guitar, when they can wait and send out a multiple order...

am i being a lil impatient here?, or is this 2 month thing a big pile of bullshit.. the guitar i have rite now is f*cked so im really looking forward to this and cant wait lol. ive nvr heard of an order taking 2 months to come in, especially when its just coming from the states.. anyone else ever heard of a 2 month wait for a guitar order?
why dont you just drive and get it once in comes into the shop?
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez Jump Start
Fender Acoustic
Ibanez Tone Blaster 100 Head
Hartke 412 Cab
Boss Chromatic Tuner Pedal
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez Weaping Demon
I didn't really need to order anything from guitar shops except an AC adapter for one of my pedals but it only took 1 week. I was surprised. I've never heard of a ****ing 2 month guitar order. If it really does come in two months I would just ditch the shop for another.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
You're lucky. I ordered my F-250 and it was on backorder for 6 months. I went to another site and they had 6 in shop so I got mine in under a week. ALSO: You might want to look into replacing the pickups. I mean... The passive ones are OK... Hell, you might even love them as soon as you get the guitar. Eventually you'll want to get new pickups.
My Band

Equipment:
ESP EC-500 EMG 81/85
Mesa Boogie MK III
Marshall 1960B cab
lol i kno 2 months i almost cried when he told me that.... i wish i culd ditch them for another store but theres no other ESP dealers anywhere near me in Ontario.. im screwed!!! lol owell, itll make it that much better when it gets here
Quote by IXI Streak IXI
You're lucky. I ordered my F-250 and it was on backorder for 6 months. I went to another site and they had 6 in shop so I got mine in under a week. ALSO: You might want to look into replacing the pickups. I mean... The passive ones are OK... Hell, you might even love them as soon as you get the guitar. Eventually you'll want to get new pickups.

6 months!!!! goddamn dude!! if mine is on back order for that long, i mite aswell saved up for a f-500 lmao and yah eventually i want to grab sum active pickups, im gunna have alot of pedals pumping into this thing
Lol my Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR was ordered in late december and they said it wouldn't be ready till March. Ouch. By the way, i was Steve's music store.
Quote by Metallica_Ðuke
lol i kno 2 months i almost cried when he told me that.... i wish i culd ditch them for another store but theres no other ESP dealers anywhere near me in Ontario.. im screwed!!! lol owell, itll make it that much better when it gets here

LA Music in Mississauga is an ESP dealer. Heres the site www.lamusic.ca
-Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by mw7 at Feb 1, 2007,
wow thnx mw7... too bad i alrdy put a 350 down payment on mine, so im pretty much screwed. and for 120 bucks more i culda got the f-500 from this LA music place!!! f*ck! lmao
Quote by Metallica_Ðuke
wow thnx mw7... too bad i alrdy put a 350 down payment on mine, so im pretty much screwed. and for 120 bucks more i culda got the f-500 from this LA music place!!! f*ck! lmao

They even have them in stock right now in the store!
-Jimi Hendrix
if you put the money down, but havnt recieved an item, you are in no legal contract (unless you signed something) saying you need to pick it up.

you should be able to get your money back, and be able to buy the guitar from the other store.

semi off topic: i ordered a pup from SD, and i got it the next day, its great being 100 miles from SD themselves
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Why order it from the local shop and wait 2 months when you can get it from a site like musiciansfriend or music123 and have it delivered in less than a week?

Ive gotten guitars from both sites and they arrived well packed and in perfect condition, so no worries on them getting to you screwed up.

IMO the local shop is screwing you.

Quote by tubadude

semi off topic: i ordered a pup from SD, and i got it the next day, its great being 100 miles from SD themselves

Totally off-topic, but I named my dog Duncan after SD. Great company.
I downloaded a .exe once, opened it, and it pretty much nailed my computer, and yes, by nailed I mean, got it's **** out and shoved it in my computers ass.
if i read correctly, he is in canada, so MF or music123 will not work

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by tubadude
if i read correctly, he is in canada, so MF or music123 will not work

He can just go to LA Music in Mississauga(about an hour away from Hamilton) and pick it up since they have that ESP stock, or he can order directly from LA Music over the internet.
-Jimi Hendrix
^thats fine and dandy, since its still in canada.

if you read my post, i said MF and music 123, not LA music. . .

since MF and music123 will not go to canada

unless you meant to quote my other post

Quote by steven seagull
Last edited by tubadude at Feb 1, 2007,
Quote by tubadude
^thats fine and dandy, since its still in canada.

if you read my post, i said MF and music 123, not LA music. . .

since MF and music123 will not go to canada

unless you meant to quote my other post

???

I just said as an alternative to buying from music123 or musiciansfriend, which don't ship to Canada, he could order from LA Music or even drive there to get the guitar. I don't get what you're trying to say.
-Jimi Hendrix
the person above me said to buy from MF, and 123, i said hes in canada, he cant.

but my post before that, i said to fo to LA music.

so if you read everything, i said go to LA music

Quote by steven seagull
Quote by tubadude
the person above me said to buy from MF, and 123, i said hes in canada, he cant.

whoops didn't read the whole thread.
-Jimi Hendrix
here's the deal, i ran into the same problem:

there's only one single person who transfers ESP orders for all of North America, and he lives in Hollywood (not Canada)

that means he's hell a hard to get a hold of, so esp's are a pain in the ass for shops to order.
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Applause, applause, no wait wait
Dear studio audience, I've an announcement to make:
It seems the artists these days are not who you think
So we'll pick back up on that on another page
lol well, i called the guy today and he gave me a call right back, i told him i was pissed that i havent gotten it yet, and he said hell throw in a case for it since ive had to wait longer than they said. i also told him that LA Music has it 150 bucks cheaper and that i was gunna go there instead.. theyll do anything for a sale... ANYTHING
Quote by tubadude

Um... no. I don't know why the hell you would think that. I'm in Calgary, and I ordered a Rocktron pedal from MF. Got it, too. And music123 has an "outside US" phone number right on their front page - seems kind of odd that they'd have one of those if you couldn't order from Canada.
no