Well, Im thinking of buying a Schecter Damien FR w/ a floyd rose double locking trem.
Now, I really want a floyd rose, but one of the reviews says that if you break any strings it'll screw up the trem and that it's really hard to tune. I was just wondering if it's true, and if so, how badly it ****s up the trem. here's a link:http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Damien-FR-Electric-Guitar?sku=513103
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
It doesn't screw up the trem, as in damage it. If a string breaks, the tension among the other strings is altered, pulling pitch and making it fall out of tune. Here's the skinny on trems-

They ARE hard to tune at first. It takes getting used to and time to become able to do it quickly.

IT is a MUCH more time consuming to change strings, as you must clip and clamp them to the bridge, then lock down the neck after bending and retuning to pitch again.

The hardware on the bridge itself is much more fragile than a standard stop tail bridge.

Changing tunings requires unlocking the nut and retuning/resetting the spring tension on the trem.
if u break a string, i know that depending how, you can use it again even if it doesnt have the bullet or hoop at end, i dont think breaking a stringwill break the trem, but it might knock it about abit :S

I want a guitar with trem but, everyone i know has told me "The novelty wears off soon" and it can be allot of hassel if u need to tune say, 1 string.

also, you probably get tired of making your guitar go Wooo..Dooooo
Quote by CraigKing

I want a guitar with trem but, everyone i know has told me "The novelty wears off soon" and it can be allot of hassel if u need to tune say, 1 string.

also, you probably get tired of making your guitar go Wooo..Dooooo

My advice to you is to get a guitar with a trem used. This way if you dig it, you can get the expensive one and if you don't like it, you didn't can 600 bucks.
if you are prepared to lose "pull up" on a floating trem and do a little bit of D.I.Y, you can fit an EVH d-tuna like the one fitted on peavey wolfgangs
push it in or pull it out switch between drop D and standard.

ive never had to block off a trem or anything, so my description is probably pretty crap...
Top lel.
I've got this crap guitar with a cheap trem-the guitar was like $120
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
I'm buying this guitar in about a month but i already have a cheap ltd with a floyd rose. Im gertting the damien because i like the floyd rose and 24 frets alot. When you break a string it puts the others out a little but usually not enough to have to unlock the nut to tune it. I tried different tunings today its not that bad if you dont change alot. You can easily go to dropped d and that doesnt effect the bridge at all and it takes like 30 seconds.
Quote by 420 FREAK
I'm buying this guitar in about a month but i already have a cheap ltd with a floyd rose. Im gertting the damien because i like the floyd rose and 24 frets alot. When you break a string it puts the others out a little but usually not enough to have to unlock the nut to tune it. I tried different tunings today its not that bad if you dont change alot. You can easily go to dropped d and that doesnt effect the bridge at all and it takes like 30 seconds.

How did you do this?
MY GEARS:
Ibanez S520EX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul w/ Killswitch
Fender 12-string Acoustic
Fender Champion300 (to be changed soon to a Tube Amp)
Ibanez TS-9 Overdrive pedal
Boss PW-10 pedal
the damien has a licensed FR,good luck tho..
The Gearz:

Schecter Omen 6
B-52 At-100 head + 4x12 cab
Yamaha EG303
Digitech Bad Monkey Overdrive