I'm an idiot who left my tube amp on overnight. So now the tubes are shot. I need to get new ones for it. It is a Randall RG50TC which uses EL34 Power amp tubes. It uses 12X7 Preamp Tubes. So I was wondering what are some good types of tubes to get for it.

Thanks
your tubes aren't shot, they're fine (unless your amp is damaged). Leaving your amp on over night on accident one time won't hurt anything. In fact your supposed to burn new tubes in for 10-15 hours when you replace them (optional) and especially when the amp is brand new (reccomended)
JJ's are always recommended. The guy at Eurotubes really knows his stuff. Try sending him an e-mail.

Chances are your tubes aren't shot, like Gutch already mentioned, but if they don't sound good to you anymore, you might want to replace them.
American Ash Deluxe Tele
Squire Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
'65 Fender Deluxe Reverb RI
'53 Fender Deluxe 5C3
California Dreamer
Valve Junior
2X12 Avatar w/ V30's
Your tubes aren't shot. And they won't wear out really without being used (played through).
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
^ I agree. And don't wait until they cool down, either, or else you're not really showing them you care.

I've left my amp on for days. And the tubes lasted for over 7 years. Being on overnight isn't going to kill them by any means.
Hi, I'm Peter
^^Just wondering. Do they still sound good?
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Quote by abcdboy
^^Just wondering. Do they still sound good?

They sounded fine. They lost a little color in the cleans over the years but never lost any gain. I finally replaced them over Christmas because they started to get a bit noisy, but they were the original tubes in my amp from when I bought it around 1999.
Hi, I'm Peter
this past year I replaced tubes in an amp that were from 1971, and they still sounded OK. New tubes imporved the tone. but the old ones were definitaly usable
Quote by Gutch220
they used to use tubes in fighter jets in WWII, they should be alright in your bedroom

its a shame jets didnt exist in WWII

but on topic, your tubes are fine, you can play the amp now, no need to wait overnight.

unless the tubes are really messed up.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Yeah, why do you assume they're shot? Leaving your amp on overnight won't wreck them, but have you noticed something wrong? They're probably fine.
Quote by tubadude
its a shame jets didnt exist in WWII

I just meant fighter planes, and wrote jets.....

....but there were jet engines during WWII
there were jets, but wernt efficient enough or pratical enough to be in planes. . . . .

i played with an old tube radio the other day, that was cool
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by tubadude
there were jets, but wernt efficient enough or pratical enough to be in planes. . . . .

take it to the OFFICIAL Jets only thread
Actually, the Germans developed a jet fighter that was in active service before the end of the war called the Me-262.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Feb 1, 2007,