Ok, im trying to find a reasonbly good amp for under $700. And i found this, http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-Spider-III-150-Modeling-Combo-Amplifier?sku=482270
Anyone have any experience with this? is it any good?

BTW, as some of you may know, i play metal, such as: trivium, metallica, breaking benjamin, tool, etc.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Last edited by SchecterC-1+Man at Feb 1, 2007,
Seriously use the search button, there's a new post about these amps every 30 minutes.
From my personal experience it sounds very digital, and bare.

You can do much better for $700. Try a tube combo such as the Peavey Valveking, a B-52 AT-212, or the Ashdown Fallen Angel. Or go used and get whatever you'd like. Any of those tube amps (even the valveking) will get you infinitely more tone and volume (except the ashdown possibly).
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
ha dude you if you had got it around december there was an offer on that amp and it cost 300 bucks but other than that i got its pretty good i got some good settings and its gig capable
Quote by YYZ
Yea, that's why most hot girls are dating faggot emo kids from ****ty faggot gay homo emo bands. I hate life.
hm...ok, i found a peavey valveking, but they say its not for metal at all...is that true?
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Look at the B-52 andAshdown Fallen Angel,
well VK cant be pushed to metal on its own, but with the aid of a od it can!
The Spider series is definitely becoming the new MG lol. For $700, you can get something way better man. Valveking, maybe, but it would need a boost for sure. Take a look at some Peavey XXX's.
or a carvin MTS series can be gotten new for around $700.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Marshall JCM-900's, DSL-100's, and TSL-100's go for under $700 commonly on Ebay.

:]
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!