im starting to be worried about my freting hand, i have been looking at other freting techniques on the web and i have seen the standad " one finger per fret" style which seems to be highly advised ( like in the spider exercise ).

I have been comparing it to my technique, which; is similar to one of someone playing chords on a guitar, this can be blamed on my accoustic playing, which i do regularly.

but will having my hand slanted in stead of flat on in the ( one fret per finger position ) comprimise my playing, or is it personal prefrence?
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Maybe a picture I can't really understand what you're saying.

ok 2 secs

Help me to live.

my current technique, " the chord one"

the one fret per finger technique

Help me to live.

that may come in handy if you ever play funk(octave/slap&pops). i suggest you practice the chromatic scale and make sure you get used to playing that way. that way u wont have a weak finger . from what i see it looks like ur pinky is ur weak finger, fix that with some tri-tones maybe.
1) Nice clothes.

2) Ummm, well the only thing I see is how it would be uncomfortable for me, but if it's comfortable for you maybe. The only difference I really can spot is the fact the thumb is over the neck. That might impede your speed a little and your finger slant might do the same. Other than that it looks okay, but with a minor adjustment you could probably switch easily.
I dont think it really matters how you fret notes as long as they sound right, you are your own person, I fret chords like on a guitar and find it fine.

I also like your clothes.
A polar bear came to talk to me the other day....
...But then I realized...
...I don't own a coat, let alone firecrackers

Visit my Soundcloud, OR SUFFER.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
1) Nice clothes.

2) Ummm, well the only thing I see is how it would be uncomfortable for me, but if it's comfortable for you maybe. The only difference I really can spot is the fact the thumb is over the neck. That might impede your speed a little and your finger slant might do the same. Other than that it looks okay, but with a minor adjustment you could probably switch easily.

I see you, like Mr. Jerry Garcia, like black T-shirts. Or at least they appear that color on my monitor...

Your current style is going to definitely hamper your speed a bit. As a fellow former guitarist, doing the recommended one finger per fret was a bit of change when I went to bass, but felt natural after a few weeks of playing.

But if it works for you and you can get the speed you want, all power to you.
There's a reason why teachers teach the one finger per fret to bassists. The way you are holding it now is something most guitarist do. When playing long sessions you will feel that your hand will start to hurt or you might get cramps.
If you use the proper method you will increase speed and it will be a lot more relaxed.

ps, the second picture isn't right either, you should hold your hand like holding a tennisball.
I will look if I have a decent picture on how to hold it properly.
'Have you felt the trembling in your stomach, the bass that leads us there'
yeah, i agre with henchkins on this one. You are basically slowling yourself down like that, and limiting your reach too. I would refine your technique.

One finger per fret is simply the most comfortable and efficient way to play the electric bass. It will be hard to change now you've been playing like that for ages, but you can "unlearn" it. That said, it's easier to learn something that unlearn in.
In the first picture it looks like you are grabbing the neck with your hand, the second one is much better and it will help you fret faster
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Thanks guys , i will try the one finger per fret style for a few weeks and see if it helps

cheers

Help me to live.