Is there any programs that will separate a song into its components: lyrics, guitar, bass, drums, etc? So you can just listen to say its bass parts or drums?
U cannot do that! Once the song is mixed and mastered is impossible to take out all the instruments again. It would be like takeing out the eggs of an already baked cake.

But if u still need separate instruments - then use Guitar Pro
How would you like to be an egg? You only get laid once. It takes 4 minutes to get hard, 2 minutes to get soft. You share your box with 9 other guys. But worst of all: the only chick that ever sat on your face was your mother. So cheer up...
Its not IMPOSSIBLE... i dont think... nothing is impossible. When your running a song in somthing like Audacity for example; you will see a green wavey line and thats all the instuments, bass, guitar, voacals, drums, and whatever esle. If you want to sort through all that i think you can "edit" out certain songs. Never done it... read it somewhere. I dont think it would be wortht he time.
LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER
Quote by NotOneWithNames
Its not IMPOSSIBLE... i dont think... nothing is impossible. When your running a song in somthing like Audacity for example; you will see a green wavey line and thats all the instuments, bass, guitar, voacals, drums, and whatever esle. If you want to sort through all that i think you can "edit" out certain songs. Never done it... read it somewhere. I dont think it would be wortht he time.

eeee sorry to tell you....but no you cant...I should know coz I have a degree in informatics and I do a lot of audio editing, mastering and mixing myself....
What u see is just a wave file ... like a composition of all separated instruments in one!
The only possible way to do that would be having the original studio recording for every single channel....but that's a thing u won't find anywhere
How would you like to be an egg? You only get laid once. It takes 4 minutes to get hard, 2 minutes to get soft. You share your box with 9 other guys. But worst of all: the only chick that ever sat on your face was your mother. So cheer up...
You can't do it, you might be able to make somethings more or less evident with an EQ but that's still never going to completely get rid of something. Your never going to completely isolate the track.