Page 1 of 2
I would list AFI as one of my favourite bands, Davey is an incredible vocalist.
Quote by JoNnHannah
I'm homeschooled because I got tired of the corporate conformist administration.

So I have a pretty crime free school, unless i decide to kill someone.

The Search [GP5] C4C
I've only heard Miss Murder, and I like it, but I don't know if I'd care to hear more.
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION
Old AFI = good.
New AFI = ew.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

well whats unique about afi is that every album is different from the last. but i do agree.. there new album decemberunderground is a shame. They have SOME good tracks like endlessly she said, and miss murder, but apart from that the album blows. i think their best album was sing the sorrow. and yes Davey is an amazing vocalist. even live hes amazing.
and jade puget is friggin amazing at guitar. but i think hunter could use some lessons. he kinda sucks
Quote by emo.child.101
and jade puget is friggin amazing at guitar. but i think hunter could use some lessons. he kinda sucks

You know nothing.
im not a fan
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by emo.child.101
and jade puget is friggin amazing at guitar.

Shut the hell up. Jade is good for the punk genre, but he is nowhere near "FRIGGIN AMAZING."

Anyways, I actually love AFI, (most people wouldn't think that i do) i own everything from DU back to Black Sails. Good stuff, especially All Hallows, Art of Drowning, and Black Sails.

Their new stuff is good too.
i hate AFI

(A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music)

BUY MY DW 7002 DOUBLE BASS PEDAL
I used to love AFI. Haven't really listened to them much lately. Prefer old AFI to DecemberUnderground.
They didn't impress me too much at Warped Tour.
Maybe that's why I don't listened to them very much anymore...
Quote by Cal UK
Alk hit the nail on the head there.
ok i over exaggerated about jade but some of his work is pretty good. his solo in dancing thru sunday is pretty sick. and i agre december underground aint that good but meh. i think the band lacks consistency. every album is different from the previos one which is good in terms of uniqueness, but in a way its bad. much like decemberunderground. also hunter(bassist) like hes good and all but alot of his stuff is easy to play.
Quote by fake_sk8r182
+1

Davey destroyed the punk scene

aren't I clever?

Wasnt much left to destroy

Personally I liked StS but Decemberunderground was a major disappointment. As for their older work, can anyone reccomend an album or two?
Quote by Spaceman_Spiff
Wasnt much left to destroy

Personally I liked StS but Decemberunderground was a major disappointment. As for their older work, can anyone reccomend an album or two?

All Hallows EP is SOLID

Also The Art of Drowning.

Everyone bones Black Sails but i prefer AOD.
they're that band with the wierd hair?

and that song...with lyrics i cant understand, where they are wearing black and stuff
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
IMO, Davey's screaming sucks. I like his voice, but I can't stand his screaming or whatever you would call it. One thing though, I love their lyrics, probably some of the best I've ever heard. I only own Decemberunderground, so keep that in mind. I only like a few tracks on it.
Cause I love feelin' dirty
And I love feelin' cheap
And I love it when you hurt me
So drive those staples deep
Last edited by nerk13 at Feb 1, 2007,
If you only have decemberunderground, get sing the sorrow. It has some truly amazing songs on it.
Quote by JoNnHannah
I'm homeschooled because I got tired of the corporate conformist administration.

So I have a pretty crime free school, unless i decide to kill someone.

The Search [GP5] C4C
ya i would recommend Sing The Sorrow and The Art Of Drowning. Very good albums. And as for Davey's screaming... In Decemberunderground its a bit sketchy...but hes voice makes up for it and his previous albums hes a very talented screamo guy (lol).. He's gets better at it every album in my opinion(discluding decemberunderground).

oh come on pinhead...Afi has some emo in there songs and some punk
Angels of the Condemned
They arent emo...haha. But Im indifferent towards them. I dont like them or hate them, I do think their music has gone down recently though.
Can You Fill In The Blanks?
well they have SOME emo stuff but not enough to say they are an emo genre. i dunno whatt hey are theyre songs have a wide variety of genres. Thats what i like about them.
Angels of the Condemned
you should listen to their other album...sing the sorrow or the art of drowning
Angels of the Condemned
I have always wondered this... Why aren't they emo?

EDIT: Better question, why are they punk? I'm not trying to put down their music, or imply they aren't punk, I just really don't understand it.
Cause I love feelin' dirty
And I love feelin' cheap
And I love it when you hurt me
So drive those staples deep
i would definently not call them punk
and to tell you the truth i cannot stand davey's voice
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by sonixon
All Hallows EP is SOLID

Also The Art of Drowning.

Everyone bones Black Sails but i prefer AOD.

Sweet man. Ill give em a shot
Quote by _stalemate_
Love them. And they can get pretty emo, don't deny it.

TAOD>STS>BSITS>AHEep>DU>everything else

Nah, well, not true emo. Which is what I follow....but TAOD=best
Can You Fill In The Blanks?
Quote by nerk13
I have always wondered this... Why aren't they emo?

EDIT: Better question, why are they punk? I'm not trying to put down their music, or imply they aren't punk, I just really don't understand it.

+1

except I am putting down their music
Quote by emo.child.101
well whats unique about afi is that every album is different from the last. but i do agree.. there new album decemberunderground is a shame. They have SOME good tracks like endlessly she said, and miss murder, but apart from that the album blows. i think their best album was sing the sorrow. and yes Davey is an amazing vocalist. even live hes amazing.

I was trying to think of something to say, and you just said it :O
But I think a few more of the songs are good than what you listed... like Kill Caustic, and 37mm, its very relaxing.

Quote by Guitarist132
What exactly do you people consider old AFI ...

when davey yelled...
well ok there new stuff is mostly pop :S which is ewww but there old stuff i have no idea..SOME of it was emo but most of it i have no idea
Angels of the Condemned
Page 1 of 2