Hey Everyone, this is probably in the wrong forum but since the game uses an electric guitar I put it here! This game is sick and has a heavy dose of rock n roll on the soundtrack. For those who don't know, this game is basically like Dance Dance Revolution except you have a guitar and have to hit the notes that shows up. I trip out everytime I play this game. Awesome!
One Love

“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain” -Bob Marley
Yep.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
*hits threadstarter with the SG controller*

this game is by far the worst thing to happen to the guitaring world. to quote a magazine: coming soon, the keith richards emulator. this game tries to make noobies rockstars and fails quite horribly.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Lol agreed. I guess we're different because this game gets pretty fun.
One Love

Quote by woodenbandman
*hits threadstarter with the SG controller*

this game is by far the worst thing to happen to the guitaring world. to quote a magazine: coming soon, the keith richards emulator. this game tries to make noobies rockstars and fails quite horribly.

thats like saying halo is the worst thing to happen to the war waging world, shut the **** up. Its a fun game and people like to play, take your elitist bullshit and shove it
Quote by bluesychris
Now You Sir have one hell of a guitar and look more alive and look to have more stage presence than anyone else I've seen on this forum
To be fair, it is a hell of a lot of fun at parties
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Exactly, I know there's nothing like jamming on a real guitar, but this is sucha fun game and I do not understand how it's a disgrace to the guitar world.
One Love

I hate guitarists who think playing guitar hero is an insult to their musical integrity. People who play this game but don't play real guitar don't think their better than you, or think its the same thing as being able to wail on the real thing. They're just having fun. Its just a game... get over it.

Great party game, though. I had my guitar out while my friends were playing the game, and we had a good laugh when I started playing along with the game tracks.
Quote by musicmyrock
Hey Everyone, this is probably in the wrong forum but since the game uses an electric guitar I put it here! This game is sick and has a heavy dose of rock n roll on the soundtrack. For those who don't know, this game is basically like Dance Dance Revolution except you have a guitar and have to hit the notes that shows up. I trip out everytime I play this game. Awesome!

1,742,817,142,182nd thread +1. Gratz! You made the 1,742,817,142,183rd thread about Guitar Hero. I officially hate you.

EDIT: Had to fix numbers because it rises so rapidly :P
People feel it's a disgrace because to alot of non musicians, it's kind of belittled guitaring.

People think that guitar playing is easier because they can press 3 buttons in time with a PS2.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Yeah, I saw a video of Dragonforce playing (or rather attempting to play :P) Guitar Hero. It was quite hilarious because these two nerds beat them pretty badly. Heh...>_> <cue Dragonforce hate posts>
Quote by hiphopopotamus
Actually, most guitarists can't press 3 buttons in time with a ps2. Believe me, we've tested it.

"we", as in from someone who joined last month?

It's a fun game when your just chilling with your friends.
It's fun, but I've sold it.

Great fun in parties.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by zed leppelin
thats like saying halo is the worst thing to happen to the war waging world, shut the **** up. Its a fun game and people like to play, take your elitist bullshit and shove it

Well, Halo invited all of the newbs to the FPS party. It is truely a shit game.

Also, *reported*

This should be in the pit
it did help me build finger strength and get better at using my pinky, and learn the rythym to some songs
i dont care for it, i played GH1 when it was a prototype, and it bugged me because i did a song i knew how to play, and the game wasnt very accurate, i had to think, plus, you can do crazy divebombs with the trem
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by hiphopopotamus

Great party game, though. I had my guitar out while my friends were playing the game, and we had a good laugh when I started playing along with the game tracks.

yeah i did that too

i like that game
Quote by zed leppelin

woah man halo is so different. have you not noticed the people playing dont even know how to play the guitar i think its a ****ing waste of time and money

Quote by Gabel
Simple. It's the amp. Getting EVH tone out of a Twin Reverb is as likely as Nazis supporting jews.