Yes
26 5%
No
443 86%
I am both-sided.
45 9%
Voters: 514.
Page 1 of 5
Do you, UG, think "cutting" yourself is appropriate? I do it because i have depression and I do it because it relieves me and gets my mind off being depressed.

So what do you think, Pit-Wanderers?
Quote by killbox2490
Once at chruch, I was at a group thing so I was laying down on the couch then all of a sudden some girl goes up to me starts rubbing my shoe ferociousely and goes " I want sex"......
your asking to be flamed, heres a flameshield, cutting is stupid, theres better ways to get high
Cutting is friggin' retarded. Hell no it's not appropriate. Damn emos...
Updates|Chat|Forums|Contests|Monkeys|Your AccountUsername:████████
Password:████████
LOGIN!
HIGHVOLTAGE45+ Join Today!

Privacy Policy|About|Contact|Advertise|Voltage Inc.©
Quote by sickminded fool
Do you, UG, think "cutting" yourself is appropriate? I do it because i have depression and I do it because it relieves me and gets my mind off being depressed.

Wow.... depression or not, take it out on the guitar you ****in emo, I have depression, but I dont take it out on my wrists (I'm also Bi-Polar) Dude try playing the blues, or just rock till you cant think no more, dont result into self mutalation, sry if I was being a douche but seiriously (SP?)
Quote by st.jimmy4091680
Wow.... depression or not, take it out on the guitar you ****in emo, I have depression, but I dont take it out on my wrists (I'm also Bi-Polar) Dude try playing the blues, or just rock till you cant think no more, dont result into self mutalation, sry if I was being a douche but seiriously (SP?)

maybe your right...i should try playing some slow solos with alot of bends and wah
Quote by killbox2490
Once at chruch, I was at a group thing so I was laying down on the couch then all of a sudden some girl goes up to me starts rubbing my shoe ferociousely and goes " I want sex"......
No, it is not appropriate. Seek help. And yes, that is actual advice.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
get some therapy or some anti-depressants, or just somebody to talk to other than the dumb ppl on UG (myself included)...cutting yourself shouldn't be something you go to...I hope this helps...talk to God...works for me!
you HAVE depression?

a doctor has actually diagnosed this?

becuase its probably just in your head
Quote by sickminded fool

no you do it coz you're attention seeking, otherwise you'd be embarassed about the stupidity of it like normal people...

i've met quite a few people that have done it and the only mental disorder any of them EVER have is mild personality dysfunction, self-harm is NOT a recognised symptom of depression.

You may have depression, but its not why you're cutting yourself...
Last edited by Atreideslegend at Feb 1, 2007,
Quote by hyootah
you HAVE depression?

a doctor has actually diagnosed this?

becuase its probably just in your head

yes. i got diagnosed with it last summer.
Quote by killbox2490
Quote by sickminded fool
yes. i got diagnosed with it last summer.

oh

just stop cutting

silly goose
Quote by MuffinMan
No, it is not appropriate. Seek help. And yes, that is actual advice.

+50

I don't see why anyone would cut themselves because they're depressed. It seems like a fad that's going on and if you're that much of a tool to follow it, then well... good luck with that.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Wow, you sound really comfortable with letting the world know you have depression and to be frank, you seem okay about it, having written merely two sentences on your current situation. You want to know how I feel about it? I think peple who cut themselves are pathetic who are attention seeking whores and selfish, trying to burden others. If you want proof for that comment, just look at your own. You seem perfectly fine about cutting yourself because it "relieves you". Dude, your post is flawed. I've never met an online depressed victim who discusses their current situation in less than an average paragraph.

To conclude, you're pathetic, small-minded, jerkoff who actually believes people care about you. You Sir, are a collection of penises because you're weak and can't live up to life. I'll go on just a little bit more - go fucking kill yourself. Go on, no one gives a damn about you because your life is insignificant as you're "depressed". If you want your "depression" to stop - go out and do something worth living for.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Instead of cutting yourself, try masturbating. I find it hard to be depressed after I bust a good nut
I wank when im feeling blue. I think that might be my next blues song.
"Depressed Jack Off Blues"
Quote by GoodNite_AmyLee
Wow, you sound really comfortable with letting the world know you have depression and to be frank, you seem okay about it, having written merely two sentences on your current situation. You want to know how I feel about it? I think peple who cut themselves are pathetic who are attention seeking whores and selfish, trying to burden others. If you want proof for that comment, just look at your own. You seem perfectly fine about cutting yourself because it "relieves you". Dude, your post is flawed. I've never met an online depressed victim who discusses their current situation in less than an average paragraph.

To conclude, you're pathetic, small-minded, jerkoff who actually believes people care about you. You Sir, are a collection of penises because you're weak and can't live up to life. I'll go on just a little bit more - go fucking kill yourself. Go on, no one gives a damn about you because your life is insignificant as you're "depressed". If you want your "depression" to stop - go out and do something worth living for.

Quote by GoodNite_AmyLee

took the worlds right out of my mouth in a more intelligent way CONGRATS!
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Quote by cockzit

Last night I played a blank tape at full volume. The mime next door went crazy.

No cutting is not approved or right, it's not gonna fix your problems but cause more, even i've been depressed but i've never reorted to that. Play guitar listen to music, draw or paint, but DON'T CUT YOURSELF it's not cool gay little emo boys do it, Ibelieve me i've seen enough of em in school.
Trust me it's not gonna help you, it's what losers do for attention.

Edit: + 5000 to GoodNite_AmyLee's post.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I went through a phase with it last month. It was short-lived, but it happened. I did my best to keep it under wraps; I was ashamed of it. It helps. It provides immediate, yet temporary relief. Its not a good solution or a good idea. I can tell by your post that you're the kind of person who does it for attention and doesnt try at all to keep it a secret and I resent that.
I've done it several times, but to be honest, it solves **** all. Nowadays I turn to my guitars, and they do more than enough to help me. Losing yourself in music will always be better than losing yourself in depression
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
you know what i think? i think this thread is gay, and your ass should STOP F UCKING CUTTING YOUR GODDAMN WRISTS!!! what kind of answer are you expecting to get "o damaging your body is completely appropriate when you feel down. ya man that stuff is da bomb homeslice." that is the most stupid shizzle ive ever heard in my life. plz never bring your problems into the pit again, because yours are so immense that they have the danger of being contagious.

EDIT: + 15945609845690823908234890324.99934 for goodnight_amylee
Last edited by pimpslap1236 at Feb 1, 2007,
I've done it before. It gets your mind off of whatever trouble you have for about five minutes. Its a short-term fix. That being said, I'm not against cutting, as it is your body and your right. But I dont do it often at all, because it really fixes nothing.
If by "appropriate" you mean "9 kinds of retarded" then yes, cutting yourself is appropriate.
cutting is just ****ed up. I have a friend who has and I completely disagree with it. like somone mentioned earlier theres better ways to get high/make yourself feel better.
I've gotten depressed plenty of times and felt like cutting myself.. but then i was like "DUDE WTF?!?! thats what those emo kids do...do YOU want to be an EMO KID??"

so yea stop cutting yourself...Work out instead to let off steam.. works great and gives you mucho grande muscles
so cut my wrists and black my eyes
RARAARARARARA
so i can fall asleep tonite
RARARARARARAAR

haha god hawthore heights sucks
i used to cut really bad it was my heronie, litterally.
its wrong when some girl is just like " uh im popular so I CUT MYSELF ahahah"

but people who use it because its there drug and they cant stop is understandable but seriously dude stop while your ahead.

i had to do it everyday it was my drug...id see a counsoller.
Quote by zombie_ritual
smoke some dope man, you dont have to damage your body to feel better

congrats on complety contradicting yourself
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by c0ld_3mphasis05
I dont understand how something like this could be as a drug.

Weak minds?

no not weak minds. Take heroine for instantce. once you do it you are hooked just the way the drug works. You need more and you feel like you cant go on without doing it.

Cutting sets off the same signals to your brain. Its sad..it really is but people telling people who cut are gay and retarded people who get more mad at them..do NOT help cutters to recover. you need someone to listen and care.

The last thingthey need is someone telling them they are a worthless piece of shit.
Page 1 of 5