I actually have a Godin Freeway Classic and I love it... but it only has 22 frets and my tremolo isn't a 2-ways (only going down) :S

I want to buy a new guitar (my 2nd) that would have 24 frets and a locking 2ways tremolo (Edge III or Floyd Rose or whatever)

Any suggestions?? Also, please write why you would choose that guitar and how much it costs

( For playing Metal mainly but I want to be able to play clean parts,etc. on it too! )
my band plays alot of heavy metal like trivium & SOAD & we use maily a magnum SG ($350) & an esp ltd ($700) & have found they are perfect for both heavily disstorted & clean parts the only problem 4 you is niether of them have a tremelo bar.
I would and I am getting the Schecter Damien FR because the floyd rose is supposed to be a good one on this guitar its got 24 frets and i like the bat inlays. It comes with emg hzs (passive emgs) that I am going to replace at least the bridge because I use that the most with a bill lawrence l500xl humbucker the same that Dimebag used. It costs $400
There is the schecter c-1 fr that is like the damien minus the inlays and with active duncan designed humbuckers it costs $450
I wouldnt get an ibanez i dont like the bridge and i've played some and i dont like the feel of them.
Or a Jackson dinky their good.
Quote by _3Lm0_
price range plz.

under 300$ I guess... I don't have much cash left atm :S
( I could get up to 400$ if it's really worth it but otherwise I'd like to keep it below 300$ )
Last edited by hurlyz at Feb 1, 2007,
I'm also wondering if it's really worth the change... I'd like being able to do Dime Squeels, etc. with the whammy and having 24frets would be cool for some solos but is it really worth the cash???
Gibson supreme SG
It is siply one of the best
it is a gibson
24frets but no tremelo unless you add one

equipment
marshall jcm 2000 tsl 100 watt
digitech rp80
mxr phase 90
bereiger phase
digitech gronge
gibson sg standard
boss bf3
boss noise supressor
boss tremelo
boss delay
line 6 dl-4 delay
dunlop cry baby
boss overdrive
big muff
digitech synth wah
digitech phaser
boss tuner
fender american strat
fender blues deville
marshall tsl 100 watt
my advice: keep saving. you could save up like $600 and get a jackson DK2M, it has dual seymour duncan humbuckers, a licensed floyd that could be a direct swap for an original if you want to change it, and the neck is pretty fast, i just played one of these at guitar center and loved it.
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
Gibson supreme SG
It is siply one of the best
it is a gibson
24frets but no tremelo unless you add one

yea but he only has like $300 he doesnt have millions like u said in ur thread
oo and the supremes suck they look horrible a standard is better then them the only difference reallt is the paint
my gear:
Schecter Damien 6 w/emg's
gibson sg standard
dean performer e acou/elec
ibanez tone blaster=[
ibanez ts7 tubescreamer
boss ds-1
boss sd-1
dunlop crybaby from hell wah
Quote by dimebag4eva
yea but he only has like $300 he doesnt have millions like u said in ur thread
oo and the supremes suck they look horrible a standard is better then them the only difference reallt is the paint

well i have more than 300$ but I'm not really sure wether I want to spend a lot on a new guitar or not.... cause well, I've been playing for only about 10months and I love my actualy guitar... but I don't have a floydrose/24frets soo... I'm not sure if I should buy a new one or not and if I do, I don't wanna spend a lot on it cause I don't even have a job... all i have is my xmas' cash :P