I want to polish my guitar(I've got the polish and everything), but I'm not sure if it is ok to polish the fretboard. I don't want to mess up the wood on the fretboard by mistake.
Quote by hiphopopotamus
Use coarse sand paper... it gives it a rustic cool kind a look.

And why would the threadstarter want to do that? I don't recall him asking to get a 'rustic cool kind a look'. Why post if you're not helping him accomplish what he's asking?

Don't use polish on the fretboard. Depending on the material/finish on the fretboard, your best bet is to regularly scrub it down with a tooth brush, and some sort of lemon cleaning product. I like using Murphys Lemon Oil on all my guitars, it cleans everything up real nice. There's no use in polishing the fretboard though, just clean it off when you change your strings.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Quote by AlGeeEater
And why would the threadstarter want to do that? I don't recall him asking to get a 'rustic cool kind a look'. Why post if you're not helping him accomplish what he's asking?

Don't use polish on the fretboard. Depending on the material/finish on the fretboard, your best bet is to regularly scrub it down with a tooth brush, and some sort of lemon cleaning product. I like using Murphys Lemon Oil on all my guitars, it cleans everything up real nice. There's no use in polishing the fretboard though, just clean it off when you change your strings.

Chris

Yeah, I'm definitely not gonna use sandpaper on any part of my guitar, thanks for the advice on the fretboard