So, this is my band. I probably wont be in it much longer because of issues I have with the drummer/vocalist, but I would really appreciate you guys telling me what you think of our music. We have a fairly unique style. I am the guitarist. I formed this band in October of 2006 with the drummer. We started just jamming on sidewalks downtown for hours at a time. Since then we've changed our sound a lot, along with adding a female lead vocalist. I'm just looking for some input that might help me improve this band (if I don't leave) or make my next band better.

www.myspace.com/trappedbythewatchtower

or

www.trappedbythewatchtower.com

Thanks!
I like the vocals . Could use some harmonizing to make it more interesting.

Try to work on your phrasing a little, especially at the parts where there's no vocal parts.

"Time will tell" is kind of weird structure-wise. It's like you guys took a few minutes of jamming, and then song some lyrics over it.

I also think that when there's no vocal parts, you need to change your tone from the "reverb-far-away-behind-everything-else" tone.

I liked "Here Goes" - although I still think your tone should be a little more prevalent.

Nice work
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Thanks! You're right about the structure for "Time Will Tell." There are only three short segments in the whole song in which I play a rehearsed part, including the introduction. The bass player wrote the song, and he had verses and choruses and such but as a band we basically turned it into a jam song.

I know my phrasing kinda sucks. I'm working on it.

The myspace page only has two songs, whereas the "official website" has four (i think...). Just thought I'd let you know, in case you only heard those two and want to listen to more.
"The Tumor" - (or whatever it's called). I like it . Kinda RHCPish.

"Urban Mermaid" - I really liked this song. It's got a Modest Mouse/Killers/RHCP vibe to it really interesting. Everything sounds great, maybe work on the phrasing a little. You can also take it a little easier on the soloes; you don't have to fill every second with as many notes as possible .

You might want to decrease the length of the soloes; having them long sometimes disrupts the flow of the song.

Nice work
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.