Hey guys, my band A Lesser Evil is recording our EP. We just put up a demo from it (not fully mixed, and the vocals are probably still gonna be redone) and we would really really really appreciate your input! We need advice on the mix, vocals and quality. I think the vocals can be a lot better but i can never judge my own voice so i really need your help deciding whether there on there way, terrible, or good as is. Thanks so much...i will crit for crit too!!!!

http://www.numberonemusic.com/alesserevil click on the song (ska song) and then hit play. It takes about 5 seconds to start.

or http://www.myspace.com/alesserevil

thanks so much once again!

p.s this was all done in my garage/room/the drummers room.

1/4: the new version is up on myspace...its titled new song, if you can listen again please!
Last edited by redrumsixsix6 at Feb 4, 2007,
well turn down the ride because it seems to over power it!!

Intro is cool!! Nice main riff, imo need a second guitar to fill it in because its missing that!
Turn down the gain so muddy and no clarity! When you do that turn the guitar up a bit! Hmm Sorta out that bass tone to floppy!! That would clean it up!! Vocals are ok, sorta like NOFX.. Could use some proper eq'in (which takes exp.) but theirs a nice feeling of punk from this!!

Over all I like it man!
Quote by False_God
well turn down the ride because it seems to over power it!!

Intro is cool!! Nice main riff, imo need a second guitar to fill it in because its missing that!
Turn down the gain so muddy and no clarity! When you do that turn the guitar up a bit! Hmm Sorta out that bass tone to floppy!! That would clean it up!! Vocals are ok, sorta like NOFX.. Could use some proper eq'in (which takes exp.) but theirs a nice feeling of punk from this!!

Over all I like it man!

thanks man...yeah we dint have monitors so its hard to get a good mix which is why we posted on here so thanks a lot! and i actually did the vox again and did some eq-ing.
Cool. On the intro riff, maybe have more delay or make it less staccato. The vox definetely have their own style, and will probably appeal to some people. Good job, could u crit mine(in sig)
I'm not seeing how it's ska... I really like it though! Interesting style mix for sure.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
it sounds pretty punk so the vocals fit it really good im not a huge fan of punk but i liked this keep it up and perfect it

CRIT MY SONGS PLEASE
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
thanks for commenting everyone! anyone else have anything to say?

jackzeppling: i like your song but the mix is deff off. you need to turn the leads down because they are peaking quite alot on my speakers. The other lead sounds off with the chords the one that keeps repeating. Like every now and then they arent right. other than that my only complaint would be that the actualy chord progression is very generic but with the leads it sounds good.